Today’s Basic Cooking Series (BCS) feautures bread crumbs.
Bread crumbs are used in many recipes that require some form of coating before frying.
Recipes like scotch eggs, chicken nuggets and many more.
You can buy it in the store but I prefer to make mine because it’s easy to make so why not. Especially when I have made some Sandwiches and I have a lot of crust available. Nothing is put to waste Biko.
You don’t have to wait till you make sandwiches. You can cut up bread slices and use it too
Let’s get to the kitchen.
Cook Time: 5-8 mins
- 260g bread crusts or a mix of bread and crusts
- Preheat oven 350
- Cut out the crusts of bread include some bread too.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- spread the crusts on the sheet.
- Put in the oven and allow to bake for 5- 8 mins. Watch closely because it burns easily.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins
- Blend to a fine consistency with a food processor.
- Transfer into a ziplock and seal. Store in an air tight container.
If you do give this try and you have any questions please comment below. We love to hear from you.
Do share with your friends too. Like us on Facebook, follow us on twitter and remember to subscribe for more delicious awesomeness straight to your inbox.