Nigerian Egg stew Nigerian Egg Stew
Nigerian dishes are made in a variety of ways. Meaning a dish can be enjoyed in a lot of delicious ways.
Eggs are a great option to create a variety of ways to enjoy otherwise it gets boring.
Today I will be sharing how I make my delicious, quick and Easy Egg stew recipe which we will be pairing with chunky fried plantains.
This recipe is heavenly with hot boiled yams too. A meal of this is best served on a Saturday morning, afternoon or a weeknight meal because after eating this you are guaranteed a good dose of sleep. Be Warned 😉
The good thing is it takes only a few minutes to prepare so let’s get started.
Prep Time: 10 mins Yield: 5 servings
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 3.5 oz tomato paste approx 4 Tbsp watered down with 1/2 cup of water.
- 1 habenero or scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- Salt/ bouillon cube to your taste
- 1/2 Tb crushed garlic
Nigerian Egg Stew
- Pour cooking oil in a clean sauce pan and light up stove.
- Add the onions and sauté for about a minute then pour in the tomato paste.
- Cook sauce for about 8 mins while stirring to prevent burning.
- Add the cup of water to the beaten eggs then gradually stir the egg/water mix into the bubbling stew. Stir continuously to break up the eggs.
- Add in the chopped red and green bell peppers.
- Cook for another 2 minutes on low heat and it’s ready to get in your belly.😀 After cooling down to warm though.
Serve with boiled or fried plantains, boiled or fried yams, boiled or fried potatoes or a mix all three. It is a yummy Nigerian dish that is quick and easy to make.
Plus you can have any time of the day. Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. So are you game?
Egg stew Plantain and Egg stew
If you enjoyed this tutorial, please spread the word; share with friends and family.
If you try this recipe, we would love to hear how it went…… Got questions? Drop a few lines in the comments section below.
Don’t have a question and want to say hello, you are welcome to comment below too.
Do subscribe for more delicious awesomeness from our kitchen to your inbox.
Stay well friend.