Stewed coconut milk sauce
This Stewed coconut milk sauce is easy to make in little or no time, delicious and bursting with flavors. You've got to try some.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks (precooked)
- 2 Tbsp organic tomato paste
- ½ medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 400ml can of coconut milk ( roughly 2 cups)
- ¼ - ½ cup vegetable oil or coconut oil for extra coconutty flavor
- 1½ cup Chicken stock
- 1 habanero or scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 stock cube/ salt to taste
- 2 sticks of spring onions
Heat up oil in a saucepan and sauté onion till fragrant. Scoop in the tomato paste and stir fry for about a minute.
Pour in the chicken stock and coconut milk. Cook till stew thickens to your desired consistency. Remember to stir continuously or at close intervals to prevent burning.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Add your the cooked chicken pieces, allow simmer low heat for another minute to absorb the flavors.
Turn off heat then toss in the chopped bell peppers and spring onions and the sauce is ready. Delicious and pretty to behold.
Serve with hot white rice or use as a dip for bread. Hmmmm.... so yummy
- The Use of Tomato paste in this recipe makes for a faster prep. You can use 2- 3 Tbsp of my Stew base.
- You can use freshly blended red bell peppers in that case you will need two large red bell peppers. You will need to cook it down a bit in the oil to get a thickened consistency before adding the meat stock and coconut milk.
- You can make this dish vegetarian simply by swapping the chicken stock with vegetable stock. This dish can easily be made with tofu or any other vegetarian meat substitute.