Spicy peanut sauce.
If you are a peanuts lover or you love Suya, This Easy spicy peanut sauce will literally blow your mind.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 6- 7 Tbsp peanut butter smooth or chunky
- 3 Large red bell peppers
- 2 medium plum tomatoes
- 3 habanero peppers use 1 for a mild sauce
- 1 cup of cooking oil
- 1 medium onion. divide into two, chop one half finely and the other half for blending.
- 3 cloves garlic
- Small thumb of fresh ginger
- Salt/ bullion powder to taste
- 1/4 tsp curry powder Optional
Wash all ingredients and cut up for blending.
Place in the blender, blend with half cup of cooking oil till smooth ( don’t add water)
Heat up the other half cup of oil and sauté the onions till fragrant.
Pour in the puréed mix from the blender. Cook till sauce thickens and some oil floats on top. Most of the liquid would have been absorbed.
Stir the peanut butter into the pot. Allow cook for about a minute with continuous stirring to prevent burning.
Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for later
- If you intend to use fresh roasted groundnuts, you will have to use a food processor to get it into a paste form first. 3/4 cup roasted groundnuts is equivalent to 1/2 cup peanut butter or 8 Tbsp.
- Blend your tomatoes and peppers with part of the oil to reduce the amount of liquid in the mix. this will reduce cooking time too.