Quick and Easy Nigerian Egg stew.
This delicious egg stew is one of the popular features in Nigerian breakfast cuisine. It is a Quick prep and delightfully tasty dish.
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste watered down with 1/2 cup of water.
- 1 habanero or scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- Salt/ bouillon cube to your taste
- 1/2 Tb crushed garlic
- 1 stalk of spring onions for garnishing.
Heat up oil, add onions and garlic. Saute onions and garlic till onions softens
Pour in tomato paste.
Fry tomato paste for about 3 mins while stirring to prevent burning.
Add in the chopped red and green bell peppers.
Cook for another 2 minutes on low heat and it's ready to get in your belly.? After cooling down to warm though.
Add the cup of water to the beaten eggs then gradually stir the egg/water mix into the bubbling stew. Stir continuously to break up the eggs.
Serve with boiled or fried plantains, boiled or fried yams, boiled or fried potatoes or a mix all three. It is a yummy