Lemon blueberry Pancakes
The flavor profile in these pancakes is definitely a match made in heaven. Sit back and enjoy!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbs salted butter melted
- 1 Large egg ( beaten)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- I/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Fresh or frozen blueberries ( see note 1)
Pour milk in a cup add 2 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
Add sugar, baking powder and baking soda to a bowl and set aside
Pour in the milk and lemon mixture into the flour mix
Pour in the melted butter, beaten egg, lemon flavor and lemon rind into the batter. Mix until just combined.
Stir in the blueberries
Heat up your griddle or fry pan. Spray on the cooking spray.
Scoop batter with a quarter cup pour into the griddle (my griddle takes 4 scoops at a go)
Fry on medium low heat until you see bubbles coming up takes a bout a minute.
Flip over with your pancake flipper. Turn off heat and allow second side cook with residual heat from the griddle.
Remove pancake and repeat process till the batter is finished.
Enjoy with any syrup you like.
- You can either use fresh blueberries or frozen ones. I prefer using washed fresh blueberries because they are not all mushy. if you use frozen blueberries, remember to thaw it a bit before use.
- After the first batch, I like to use paper towel to wipe my griddle.if you don't do that you find that when you spray the pan for the second batch, the grease will be brown because of the mix with the residue from the first batch (sort of like burnt oil) and it makes your second batch have the tendency to burn.
- Turning off the heat after you flip the pancake helps the pancake cook without burning.