Turmeric Rice Skillet
This Turmeric Rice is like nothing you have tasted before. The turmeric adds the rich color and a Dept of flavor. You have to try it.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 21/2 cups Basmati Rice (washed thoroughly and drained.)
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground Tumeric
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp ginger powder.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green peas
Preheat oven to 400ºF
On the stove top, heat up oil on the skillet, sauté onions and garlic till fragrant. Stir in Turmeric powder.
Pour rice into the skillet stir fry with onions for about a minute then pour in the meat stock.
Add the chopped red and green bell peppers and green peas.
Cover skillet with a foil and transfer to the lower rack of oven.
Cook until all liquid is absorbed takes about 35 mins
Bring out skillet (remember to use gloves.) fluff out the rice and serve.
Directions for the stove top.
Transfer washed and drained rice to pot.
Add the meat stock and Tumeric powder, Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Cook in the pot without the lid on for about 12 min or until water in the dried up.Turn off heat, Fluff up rice and transfer to a wider pot.
In a saucepan heat up oil, sauté onions, and garlic, then add the green peas, chopped red and green bell peppers￼.
Stir fry for about a minute then pour into rice and mix
Now scoop the rice into the stir fry pan and mix in thoroughly with the veggies.
And..... this delicious awesomeness is ready to be Enjoyed.
- Green Pepper is important for flavor in this recipe Don't skip it
- If you want to make a fried rice version, When Stir frying the veggies you need to make sure the condensation from freezing completely evaporates before adding the veggies to the cooked rice.
- At the end when you mix the cooked rice and veggies always add the rice to the stir fried veggies not the other way because the cooked rice usually has some clumpy residue at the bottom of the pot.
- Since you will be adding the rice to the stir fried veggies remember use a pot big enough for the rice when stir frying the veggies. For you to do otherwise, it is best to transfer the rice to another pot, then you can pour in the stir fried veggies into the pot and stir in.