How to make the Easiest Ofe Akwu
Palm nut soup also known as Ofe Akwu is a delicious African delicacy made from creamy extract got from pulverized palm nut fruit.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
- 800 g Palm fruits Concentrate 1 can
- 1 smoked fish cleaned and deboned
- 1/4 cup ground crayfish
- 1 Tbsp ground Cameroon pepper
- 1 Tbsp crushed pepper flakes
- 1000 g smoked Turkey or beef
- 1 large Onion chopped
- Ogiri Okpei or iru
- 1 Tbsp bouillon powder
- 3 cups meat stock
- 1 handful of scent leaves washed and Chopped
Put smoked turkey in a pot with the meat stock, add chopped onions and season with bouillon powder. Bring to a boil.
Add crayfish, Ogiri okpei or iru, Cameroon pepper and crushed pepper flakes stir to combine then Turn heat down to medium.
Scoop in the palm oil concentrate, stir and taste for seasoning. Adjust as needed then Cover pot and let soup simmer till it thickens to the consistency you want.
Stir in the Chopped scent leaves and turn off heat.