Healthy Turmeric Oatmeal
urmeric Oatmeal Porridge is another delicious way to enjoy my favorite breakfast cereal. A little bit of Turmeric packs a punch of flavor and an even healthier twist to Oatmeal Porridge
- 1 1/2 cups ground rolled oats or whole rolled oats if gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats
- 3 1/2 cups milk you can substitute with 2 cups of milk and 1 1/2 cup of water. If vegan, use any plant based milk
- Sweetener of choice honey, maple syrup etc
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- Fruits and nuts of choice
Put milk in a sauce pan, add the turmeric powder, salt, sweetener and vanilla extract. Mix it up.
Add the oat flour or whole oats into the milk mixture. Turn on heat and begin to cook on medium low heat.
Stir continuously to prevent burning and cook till oatmeal is fully cooked. Takes about 6 mins to get fully cooked.
Turn off heat and serve immediately with topped with more milk, fruits and nuts of your choice