How to make Easy Gingerbread Waffles
Gingerbread waffles are deliciously laced with the delightful gingerbread spice. Gingerbread fills the air with festive undertones.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Servings 5 to 6 people
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons Molasses
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Gingerbread spice mix
- 1/2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Chopped Nuts
- Maple syrup
Mix wet ingredients together and set aside
Mix all dry ingredients together then add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix to combine
Turn on the waffle maker allow to heat up
Spray baking spray on the waffle iron
Scoop about 2/3 cup of batter into the waffle maker. Cover and allow to cook for about 3-4 mins depending on your waffle maker. Keep an eye on the light indicator if your waffle maker has that option.
Transfer cooked waffles onto a paper towel lined plate or a cooling rack.
Repeat process till all the batter is used up
Enjoy with maple syrup or any topping of your choice
- If you don't have gingerbread mix you can make yours. I have included a link to my gingerbread spice mix in the post. Alternatively use 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves and 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg.
- If you are making a large batch, you can keep the waffles warm in the oven while you make the rest. Turn on your oven at 200 F keep waffles in there on a cookie sheet while you make more waffles.
- Waffles take about 3-4 mins depending on your waffle maker. Be sure to check your manufacturer's instructions.
- I recommend you turn on your waffles maker just before adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients so it doesn't get too hot when I put my batter in. If your waffle maker heats up slowly, then turn the waffle maker on before mixing your batter.