Delicious vegetable yam porridge
This vegetable yam porridge will take your love for yam porridge to a different level
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 10 /11 in tuber of yam washed and cut into chunky size cubes
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground crayfish
- 2 medium onions chopped and divided
- 1 smoked fish washed and deboned optional
- 2 medium bell peppers coarsely blended
- 1 habenero pepper blended with the red bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 3/4 cup palm oil
- Salt or 2 bouillon cubes to taste
- 12 oz kale or vegetable of choice chopped
In a 6 quart stock pot put the yam chunks, add water to just about an inch below the level of the yam in the pot.
Add in 1/2 of the chopped onions, crayfish, bouillon cube and bring to boil.
In a medium saucepan, pour in the palm and heat up, then put in the other 1/2 of the chopped onions, sauté till transluscent, then pour in the coarsely blended bell pepper and habenero pepper mix. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the moisture evaporates.
Turn off heat and wait for the yam to cook
When the yam is soft and cooked, pour in the sauce you made stir in an Allow to simmer for another minute.
Add in the chopped vegetables, stir in and turn off heat.
Cover pot to allow the vegetables cook in the residual heat.
Serve warm and enjoy