Easy jollof rice recipe hack. Yup!! You Read it right. Have you tried any of my jollof rice recipes right here on the blog??? If you have I am sure you would agree that my recipes are super easy to make and definitely ‘no fail’ recipes. If you think those recipes were super easy, wait till you try this one. This is totally one pot as in literally. Just mix and dump. This is the recipe you need for Val's day. Something quick and easy. less cooking and more loving.
Seriously this recipe is hassle free even my soon to be 6 yr old made it. Yes you heard me right she cooked this. All she needed to do was mix up the stew base and I did the rest of the cooking ?. Got you there right? ?
Now to the stew base, it couldn’t have been easier to make, just a mix of tomato paste and spices... so she didn’t need to turn on the stove and cook it. I heard that... lol No I didn't. I mixed up the stew base right on my kitchen counter. Dumped it into my rice, mixed it up and lit up my stove and in less than 30 mins BAM ! Jollof rice is served. I told ya.
This post also serves as a recipe hack for coconut jollof rice. Read recipe notes. The good thing about this hack is that you dinner on the table in 30 mins. You can have it with a side of salad, meats, plantains.... just about anything you want to.? Nothing would make this more worthy than my Easy Spicy Barbecue Chicken or my spicy lemon honey glazed chicken thighs
[bctt tweet="Worried your jollof rice recipe would waste your time? Try this recipe hack and thank me later." username="mydiasporakitch"]
The pictures on this post are both of jollof rice and jollof coconut rice. You can look at the captions below each picture to find out which is which. Let’s play a guess game shall we. Take a guess before you take a look at the captions let’s see which you think is which.?
[bctt tweet="This jollof rice recipe is literally mix and dump and is ready in just 30 mins. Now tell me do I have your attention now... I thought so.?" username="mydiasporakitch"]
All in all, everything was delicious and with this recipe hack you are good to go anytime anywhere no hassles. I made these on the stove top, but I make it in the oven too. If want make it in the oven, simply follow the steps of my oven cooked jollof rice..
Hope you give this a try and I would love to know how you fared. Happy Valentines day. Share this meal with your loved one or loved ones. It will definitely delight their palate. I know it will delight my hubby. He loves rice in all forms.
PS: I would love it if you share this post with your amazing family and friends. Sharing your comments in the comment section is awesome too. You can
| OR Get weekly recipes sent to your inbox for FREE
PIN! PIN! PIN!
Easy Jollof rice recipe hack
- 2-½ cups Parboiled long grain rice (Washed thoroughly and drained)
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste.
- 4 cups chicken stock or water (hot but not scalding)
- ½ cup cooking oil of choice
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 small green pepper ( chopped)
- Mix all the ingredients together in bowl except the rice, onions and green pepper.
- Add two cups of chicken stock or water to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer Rice to pot, add the mixture to the rice, Then add chopped onions , green pepper and the remaining 2 cups of water or chicken stock to the rice.
- Stir and taste for seasoning, then adjust accordingly. You may or may not need to add extra salt depending on the amount of seasoning in the meat stock.
- Turn on your stove and pot to the lit up stove. Cover pot tightly a allow rice cook through till all the water is absorbed. takes about 25 mins.
- When all the water is absorbed, turn off heat leave pot covered for about a minute. Then fluff Rice with a fork.
- Serve warm with any protein of choice.
- You can make this rice in the oven. all you need is to follow same steps above but put everything in a roast pan and cover pan with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 50 mins.
- If you want to make the coconut version of this, swap two cups of water/ meat stock with a 400ml can of coconut milk.
- Warming up the meat stock before using helps start up the cooking process.