This is more or less a rechauffe meal recipe. What is s rechauffe meal you say. You probably already know what it is but not what it's called. I am pretty certain we all create it on a regular basis in our homes
A rechauffe meal is a meal created from left over food usually from the day before into a new and different meal. Call it a revamp.
First time I ever heard that word was in my secondary school home economics class.
So this is basically a tossing together of ingredients to achieve delicious awesomeness ? Cooking is creativity and everyone of us has it in us to do it.
Here are some good reasons to consider rechauffe meals.
1. It saves time
2. It reduces waste
3. There is no hard and fast rule. Be creative.
4. Saves money
[bctt tweet="Rechauffe meals save you time and money and bring out the creative you. Check out this rechauffe meal" username="mydiaspokitch"]
I am curious to know what kind of rechauffe meals you have created. Don't be shy, comment below. I would really love to know.
Let's get to the kitchen, Shall we ?
Ps: this is better with a day old cold rice from the fridge. Not freshly cooked rice.
Garlic Butter cashew Rice
- 1.5 Cups Cold Cooked rice a day or 2 old
- 3 tablespoon Butter Melted
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon Dry parsley flakes
- I/4 Cup Roasted cashews Coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Bouillon powder Or enough to taste
- ¼ Head Cabbage ( chopped ) Optional
- Heat up melted butter in a skillet.
- Sauté the minced garlic till fragrant.( if using fresh onions this is the time to add it) Then stir in the chopped cabbage.
- Add the cold rice straight from the refrigerator and stir in.
- Add bouillon powder, parsley flakes and Onion powder. Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Add the crushed cashew nuts continue to stir until the rice warms up thoroughly. Serve with Chicken. Yum
PIN FOR LATER