These Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are so delicious, fluffy and soft. Perfect for fall and will make the perfect breakfast option for a Thanksgiving morning.
I am a bit late to the pumpkin party this fall but when you try out all the pumpkin recipes I have lined up for you albeit in Winter... you will forgive me. Hmmmm? Thinking of it, fall in winter is bad.., at least it's not so cold in fall. Besides I had two cans of pumpkin purée I needed to use up or else I would be throwing them out by Jan 2019 because they would be expired.
These Pumpkin Spice pancakes should we're served with cream cheese frosting and maple syrup but you can serve it with anything you want.
How to make Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
It's easy! All you need is some pumpkin purée and pumpkin spice added to your favorite pancake batter and you have yourself a pumpkin spice pancake. You may need to figure out the quantity of pumpkin purée you want in your pancake though. It's that easy trust me.
But since I wanted to make it a pancake worth my time and effort I decided to make it even more amazing. What did I do?
I separated the egg yolk from the whites and whipped the whites to a stiff peak to add to the fluffiness of the pumpkin spice pancakes.
I also added some fresh buttermilk from my homemade butter.
The result: a nicely executed pumpkin spice pancake. Tell me about it.
Substitutions for Pumpkin purée in this Pumpkin Spice Pancake Recipe.
Actually there is no substitute for pumpkin purée in this recipe because it's a Pumpkin based recipe.??
But you can still make a similar pancake with some other fruit substitutes and the pancake will be named after whatever vase yuh choose.
So If you don't have pumpkin purée or you are not much of a pumpkin fan, you can substitute the pumpkin purée with mashed bananas or plantains and you will have banana pancakes or plantain pancakes. Not pumpkin but still delicious ?
Get these other Pancake Recipes:
What kind of breakfast do you prefer for Thanksgiving? Sweet or Savory? Drop your comments below please. ?
PIN! PIN! PIN!
Pumpkin Spice buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 3 tablespoon salted butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoon Pumpkin spice sugar (You can can sub with white sugar See notes below)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
Quick cream cheese frosting
- 4 tablespoon cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peak and set aside.
- Add baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin spice sugar to the flour and whisk together.
- Pour the buttermilk, cooled melted butter into the flour and mix.
- Then mix in beaten egg yolks and pumpkin purée.
- Finally fold in the whipped egg whites into the batter.
It's time to cook!
- Heat up griddle and Spray with non stick spray fry the pancakes using a quarter cup for each pancake.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles begin to show on the pancakes.
- Turn heat as soon as you flip the pancakes and let the residual heat in the griddle finish the cooking.
- Take out pancakes, wipe griddle with paper towel to clean out grease.
- Turn on the heat again and repeat process till all the pancakes are done.
- Serve with a dollop of cream cheese frosting and maple syrup!
- Cream cheese frosting
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla together till smooth.