Hello Fall!!! Hello Pumpkin Spice rolls. Drum rollllll lol. This here is the perfect breakfast or desert for this season. If I can have cinnamon rolls then why can’t I have some pumpkin spice rolls. If you haven’t had cinnamon rolls before now then you sure have been missing some.
My kid sister , actually she is my sweet kind sister-in-law introduced me to that wicked thing called cinnamon rolls and since then my son has been in trouble always asking for cinnamon rolls. This time we decided to try it with a pumpkin bread recipe I found herewith a little changes here and there. After all it’s that time of the year FALL.
[bctt tweet="This pumpkin spice rolls will get off your breakfast table before you bart an eyelid. This is Fall" username="mydiaspokitch"]
This Pumpkin Spice Rolls flew off my table before I could bart my eyelids. That was yesterday... seriously I am not kidding. I had to make another one today so I can have some pictures to share with you. So if you are a bit hesitant, don't be. I was too because I didn't think I would like the pumpkin in bread idea but my son convinced me it would work. I am glad I listened to him. Gosh my kitchen smells sooo good.. Thanks to the pumpkin pie spice blend which of course has cinnamon in it.
Have you ever had pumpkin spice rolls or any thing pumpkin. Did you enjoy it? Were you skeptical to try it at first. I am curious to know. Join the conversation in the comment section. Got to leave right now.... Hmmmm my kitchen smells heavenly lets dig in to this second batch disappears before my very before lol.
Ps: If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating the recipe and leaving a comment below. I enjoy reading your feedback. ?
Stay up to date with My Diaspora Kitchen on
You can get weekly recipes sent to your inbox for FREE
Pumpkin Spice rolls
- 1 tablespoon instant or active dry yeast
- 6 tablespoon lukewarm milk
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup pureed pumpkin (canned)
- 500 g unbleached flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1-½ tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 oz room temp butter
- 4 oz room temp cream cheese
- 1-½ cups Icing Sugar
- Mix the pumpkin pie spice with the brown sugar and set aside
- Pour yeast into the warm milk and stir. add a sprinkle of sugar if you like. you can skip this step if you are sure your yeast is fresh and active. it doesn't hurt to check.
- Mix the other wet ingredients ( egg, pumpkin puree and oil) and set aside
- Pour dry ingredients in a bowl then mix in all the wet ingredients till well incorporated. Knead dough lightly, then form into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl.
- Cover bowl with cling film and then kitchen towel. Place in a warm place for about 40 mins to rise.
- When dough has doubled in size, punch down to deflate. Transfer to a floured work surface and knead lightly.
- Roll out into a rectangle about 9 by 13 inches. you can cut out the edges to make it straight if you want to. ( but I didn't do that )
- Spread the softened butter all over the surface of the rolled out dough. Then with a spoon sprinkle the sugar and pumpkin spice mix evenly over the butter.
- Roll up tightly to form a log. cut evenly with a sharp knife. Place cut up rolls in a greased 9 by 13 pan or baking dish.
- Cover again with cling film and kitchen toweling allow to rise for about 25 mins
- Preheat oven and begin to make the cream cheese frosting
- After the second rise, bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 mins or until lightly golden brown.
- Beat the softened butter and cream cheese together with a fork or hand mixer. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Add in the icing sugar and beat till fluffy
- Add a tablespoon or two of milk, depending on the consistency you want. Beat thoroughly.
- Spread it on the pumpkin spice rolls when they are ready.
- Enjoy warm as a breakfast or a snack.