This post may contain Affiliate links, please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
”Tis the season for this soft and fluffy marble bundt cake with a sweet fruity glaze… Yes the season to spread love and cheer. Actually we should spread love and cheer all year round not just during Christmas that is what Christ would want.
Love all year round would make a huge difference. So let’s start with the season and continue after the season and so on and so on. Let’s try it and see what a huge difference it would make. As the saying goes charity begins at home I would love to start my spread of love with sharing this Christmas favorite with you. My Christmas themed bundt cake.
You know I love colors right? This Christmas marble bundt cake always gets me excited. I love anything that has a splash of color it makes me so happy. Marble cakes are simple cakes made with colors mixed in patches or in the cake batter to create a marbling effect and when baked it looks beautiful.
Marble cakes can be used for any occasion because it can match the theme of the occasion. In today’s recipe I would be using Christmas colors – green and red. The kiddos are always helpful with colors. Who doesn’t love a splash of color in their lives?
This cake recipe is similar to my vanilla pound cake recipe but since we are all Christmassy at the moment I wanted to give the cake a little Yuletide kick with some mixed fruit Flavor. In other words this cake tastes a bit fruity but without the fruits. If you don’t like a fruity flavor Feel free to use only the vanilla flavor for yours or any flavor you like. You can leave out the sour cream too.
I topped it off with a lemony mixed fruity simple glaze with some christmassy Sprinkes. How cool is that ?. I like my glaze quite thin and light. If you are for a thicker glaze, reduce the milk or add more confectioners sugar to your glaze mixture.
I do hope you give this a try this Christmas season and wow your guests with a flavorful and pretty cake that they would talk about way after the season. Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas and a fulfilling 2018. Remember to keep Christ the reason for the season in the Season that is Christmas. Like my vibes ?
PS: Did you enjoy the recipe? Would you consider rating it and commenting below. I would be delighted if you shared the post with family and friends too.
Christmas Marble Bundt Cake
For the cake
- 450 g (1 lb or 4 sticks) salted butter ( softened)
- 390 g granulated sugar
- 430 g all purpose flour
- 9 Large eggs
- 2 teaspoon mixed fruit flavor
- Christmas red food color
- Christmas green food color
- 1/4 cup Red and green sprinkles
For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed fruit flavor
- I Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp Sour cream (optional but recommended)
- Preheat oven to 350 . Grease bundt pan generously with butter or baking spray. Paying special attention to the tube area then dust with flour.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer or by hand, mix the butter and sugar till it's light and fluffy.
- Mix in the mixed fruit flavor and sour cream then Pour in the eggs, 2 at a Time and beat in thoroughly after each addition.
- When all the eggs have been well incorporated add the flour in three portions allow each portion to mix in well before the next batch. Don't mix each batch too long.
- When all the flourishes incorporated, get two bowls and scoop one cup of batter into each bowl. Add the red food color to one and green food color to the other.
- Spoon in some of the plain colored batter into the base of the pan, then spoon in half of the red colored batter on one side of the pan and half of the green on the opposite side. See pictures Repeat process with the rest of the batter.
- Then With a spoon make 'S' movements to create swirls be careful not to over mix so that it doesn't loose its streaks.
- Lightly tap the pan at the bottom to release any trapped air bubbles and to level off the cake.
- Put in the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 45 mins or until a tooth pick inserted in comes out clean.
- In s bowl mix all the ingredients together till smooth.
- After baking the cake, allow to cool completely. Pour the glaze over the cake, then pour the sprinkles over the cake.