This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameWithHatfield #SimplyHatfield
The big Game is here again and my thoughts keep drifting to Suya Meatballs. We love having friends over to watch the game because it's so much fun to watch the game with family and friends. When you think of a big Game party what comes to mind are delicious snacks to munch on while you watch. Honestly that's my favorite part of Game day gatherings. Having a little snack here and there while you enjoy the company of friends and family.
Game day snacks need to be something fast, tasty and easy to prepare. No time to be stuck in the kitchen while the rest are having fun ?
Hatfield ground sausage suya meatballs are almost always my pick irrespective of if we are hosting friends for the big Game or if we are thebeing hosted. This Suya spice meatballs are always a hit because it's absolutely delicious. The Juicy, Moist, and tender goodness infused with suya spice will have you definitely asking for more. I totally get why any one would love these. The taste of the Hatfield Ground sausage infused with suya spice is my little secret which I am about to share with you today.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is suya spice?
- 2 What is Hatfield Recipe Essentials?
- 3 Why Hatfield Recipe Essentials?
- 4 Where to buy Hatfield Recipe essentials ground sausages.
- 5 Which Hatfield ground sausage is most suitable for these suya meatballs?
- 6 Related Recipes
- 7 How to make Hatfield Suya Meatballs
- 8 Other Recipes to try using Hatfield Recipe Essentials
- 9 Hatfield Ground Sausage Suya meat balls
What is suya spice?
Suya Spice also called Yaji Spice is a peanut spice rub popular in West Africa especially Nigeria. It is said to have originated from the Hausas in Northern Nigeria. It is usually used to make suya which is simply skewed meats infused with oil and the suya spice and grilled to perfection. oh my Yum!! It is a very popular Nigerian street food. Because of the popularity of suya, suya spice has become almost a staple in most homes. Suya spice can be added to almost anything to give that dish a delicious twist. A little warning; If you have peanut allergies Suya Spice isn't for you.
What is Hatfield Recipe Essentials?
I love to use Hatfield products and for good reason too. Hatfield has a range of pork products that are natural, and made from ethically raised pork. I was so excited to see that it had a variety of flavors. The sweet Italian ground sausage, Chorizo ground sausage, the hot Italian ground sausage. They have a flavor profile for everyone. They had run out of the Sage ground sausage so I bought the three flavors available and will be using them for delicious recipes.
Why Hatfield Recipe Essentials?
Just like the name implies, Hatfield pork products are essential to your kitchen game. The Hatfield recipe essentials ground sausages ease up the stress of cooking. For instance, these suya meatballs come together in less than 30 mins then take a bite of these suya meatballs oh my YUM!!. Hatfield Recipe Essentials are flavorful, and can act as a base ingredient to any dish you want to make without the hassle. I always have some in the refrigerator to whip up any recipe at anytime.
Where to buy Hatfield Recipe essentials ground sausages.
You should check out their wide range of delicious, natural pork products here and while you are there make sure to use the store locator function to find a list of retailers that carry these Hatfield products in your area. I usually purchase mine at the ShopRite or Stop and Shop stores near me and at an affordable price of $3:49 each. That's a pretty great deal for great tasting hormone free sausages if you ask me.
Which Hatfield ground sausage is most suitable for these suya meatballs?
This will depend on individual taste. You can check out their range of sausages here For my suya meatballs recipe, I usually use the Sweet Italian ground sausage or the Hot Italian ground sausage. I would be using the Chorizo ground sausage when next I make these suya meatballs. My family loves meatballs so I make them pretty often and Hatfield brand is my go to for my pork products. I really can't over emphasize my reasons. Family Owned, Hormone free and ethically raised, are definitely some ?
Hatfield also has these ground sausage flavors in links and those also work well for this recipe. If you get to the store and the ground sausages are sold out you could use the links. All you to do is to remove the skin covering the sausage links and you have your ground sausage.
How to make Hatfield Suya Meatballs
What you will need;
- Hatfield Recipe Essentials ground sausage
- Suya spice
- Onion, green and red bell peppers for garnishing
- Cocktail sticks
- Mix the ground sausage with the suya spice or any spice mix of choice and other ingredients
- Scoop out the ground sausage mix by the tablespoonful then mold into smooth balls by rolling the sausage scoops in between your palms.
- Roll Molded meat balls in a mix of suya spice and flour.
- Fry meat balls till golden brown
- Serve on a platter or stick them on cocktail sticks garnished with chopped onions, green and red bell peppers.
Mixing the Hatfield ground sausage meat with other ingredients and molding the balls.
Frying the meatballs
What can I substitute Suya Spice with in this recipe?
If you don't have suya spice you could make some it's easy. But If you have peanut allergies, any ethnic spice mix you love would suffice for this Hatfield ground sausage recipe. Think creole seasoning or even taco seasoning.
Make Ahead Instructions.
These suya meatballs balls freeze well. You can make them up to 3 days ahead. Just thaw over night in the refrigerator, warm up in the microwave enjoy.
Other Recipes to try using Hatfield Recipe Essentials
- Mini sausage rolls
- Pizza buns
- Sausage patties
I encourage to try this recipe you and your friends would love it. If you do, kindly share with you family and friends on all your social media platforms using #BigGameWithHatfield and #SimplyHatfield. I know they will love it too.
Finally while you are here remember to sign up for our weekly newsletter so you FREE amazing recipes sent straight to your inbox. Thanks for being amazing.
Hatfield Ground Sausage Suya meat balls
- 1 lb Hatfield sweet Italian ground sausage
- 1 onion divided ½ grated and ½ chopped into squares
- 3 tablespoon Suya Spice divided see notes
- ½ teaspoon bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoon oil + 1 cup for frying
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon flour
- 1 medium green bell pepper ( chopped into 1 inch squares )
- 1 medium red bell pepper ( chopped into 1 inch squares )
- Grate half of the onion then add the grated onion, 2 tablespoon of oil, egg, 2 tablespoon of Suya spice, bread crumbs and bouillon powder to the ground sausage and mix thoroughly till well combined.
- With a Table spoon scoop out mixed sausage by the tablespoon full onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- When you have scooped out all the meats, roll each scoop of sausage into a smooth ball by rolling the sausage in between your palms. Place smoothly rolled sausages back on the baking sheet.
- Mix ½ tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of Suya Spice in a small bowl. Coat each meatball with the flour suya spice mix . Transfer back to the sheet.
- Heat up oil and fry meatballs till golden brown. Place on paper towel lined tray to absorb excess oil then transfer to a platter.
- Put on a food safe glove, insert an onion square, a red bell pepper square and a green bell pepper square onto a cocktail stick leaving a little space at the bottom of the cocktail stick to insert meat ball.
- Repeat process till all the meat balls are inserted .
- Serve with more suya spice.
- 2 tablespoon groundnut powder
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Powder
- ½ tablespoon ground cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked Paprika Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ½ tablespoon chicken bouillon powder