Christmas Pinwheel cookies are a beautiful edible work of art. Easy to make, pleasing to the eyes and to the palate. These Pinwheel Cookies promises to delight anyone that comes across it during any Christmas or holiday gathering you take it to. Read on and learn how to make these pinwheel cookies with step by step photos included.
Pinwheel Cookies Recipe
You all know how I love playing with colors when making pastries. Colors add a certain brightness to your mood. Colors sure make me happy I can't say that enough ?
These pinwheel cookies can be made with any color combination you like. Today's theme is green and red to represent the Christmas season. You can make it in 2 or three colors. Pinwheel cookies can be used to celebrate any color coded occasion like your country's National day.
How to make Pinwheel Cookies.
- Make 2 batches of your favorite cookie dough in two colors. Alternatively make one batch, divide into 2 and color each the colors you want to use. I used my classic vanilla cookie dough.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Roll out each colored dough individually into a rectangle or square on parchment paper. Refrigerate for about 30 mins if dough becomes too soft.
- Layer one color of dough over the other you can glue them together by blushing some water or egg in between the layers.
- Roll tightly into a log, then refrigerate for about 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Slice the dough into ¼ inch circles
- Bake for 15 mins
Ingredients needed to make Pinwheel Cookies.
- Cookie dough
- Gel food colors in this Christmas themed Pinwheel Cookies you will need
- Red gel food color
Want more cookies? Get them.
Hope you get to try these colorful cookies this season. If you do, consider rating the recipe and dropping a comment below. Looking forward to hearing from you.
If you found this post helpful, remember to share with your family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.
Christmas Pinwheel Cookies
- 1 Cup/2 sticks salted butter
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- Red gel food color
- Green gel food color
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy,
- Add the vanilla extract and beat in the egg.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix till dough comes together.
- Divide dough into two color one red and the other green then wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours
- After 2 hrs, bring out green dough and roll into a square or rectangle set aside and roll out the red dough to the same size
- Brush the surface of the green dough square lightly with egg white or water to help the other colored dough stick.
- Gently lift the red colored dough and place it over the green dough lightly pressing down to help it stick.
- Roll up tightly to form a log. wrap in a plastic wrap again and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Get the dough log out of the refrigerator, slice the dough into quarter inch circles.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 - 18 mins
- Allow to cool. Enjoy