These Strawberry Lemonade cookies are the perfect treat for any celebration. It's sweet and has a little tang. The kind of tang we love lemon desserts for.
These tasty, crunch shortbread based strawberry lemon cookies need just 6 ingredients.
Learn how to make these delightful strawberry lemonade cookies to share with family and friends.
The blog post always has helpful tips and answers to FAQs to help you with the recipe. Remember to scroll back up for reference after using the jump to the recipe button.
Strawberry Lemonade Cookies Recipe
Cookie season is fast approaching and these strawberry lemonade cookies ( strawberry lemon cookies) are super easy to make with little or no hassle. A delightful slice and bake cookie anyone can make.
How easy can that be right? As easy as mix up, roll up, chill, slice and bake. Another bonus for my peeps who have egg allergies is that's it's egg free yayy!!
How to make Strawberry Lemonade Cookies.
Because this strawberry lemonade sugar cookies recipe doesn't require fresh strawberries, they are easy peasy and gets ready in a breeze.
Using the Zest is optional. Some times I use the lemon zest and other I don't. But it's totally up to you.
Important steps to take before baking.
Wash Your hands:
It's very important to start any kitchen task with Clean hands.
Wash your utensils:
Washing your utensils is an important step when making cookies. Make sure the mixer bowl, spatula and measuring cups are clean.
Make sure your surfaces are clean:
This is very important especially if you are making cut out cookies. Your surfaces need to be clean. Remember a lot happens on your kitchen counter- cutting meats, veggies etc. spraying the surface with food safe disinfectant and wiping it down before placing your cookie dough on the counter is very important.
Now that you've followed these important steps, let's get in with our strawberry lemonade cookies.
- Start by creaming the butter, sugar and strawberry flavored gelatin.
- Throw in a few drops of pink food to bump up the color if you like. ( see picture below for the difference in appearance with or without the pink food color.)
- Then add some lemon extract and zest. Mix in your flour. Shape into a log, chill, Slice, bake and ENJOY!
How to make Strawberry lemonade Cookie bars
If you would rather strawberry lemonade cookie bars instead of these slice and bake cookies, you can use the method I used for my Walkers shortbread cookies
Want to make these delicious strawberry lemonade cookies. That's totally awesome.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links! Please read full disclosure here.
Click on the links below to buy Handy Stuff you need to make this strawberry lemonade cookies a reality.
You will need
Equipment you may need
If you loved this strawberry cookies, you would love these other cookies readers are raving about.
Did you Enjoy this recipe? Or found the post helpful? Remember to SHARE with family, friends and in your favorite Facebook group. There is love in sharing.
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
How to make Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
- ¾ pound salted butter 3 sticks of butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 oz strawberry gelatin
- 3 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
- Cream butter, sugar and strawberry gelatin till light and fluffy
- Add lemon extract, lemon zest and flour. Mix to form a dough.
- Divide dough into 2
- Roll each dough into a log refrigerate for at least an hour
- After the hour, preheat oven to 350F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Get dough logs from refrigerator, remove cling film then slice to cut out
- Place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 12 mins to 15 mins
- The cookies will come out soft but will harden as they cool
- Chilling the dough makes its easier to slice.
- You can also use strawberry extract to bump up the strawberry flavor.