This post may contain Affiliate links, please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeBetterCookies #CollectiveBias #ChewyCookies
These Soft Chewy Oatmeal Cookies are the best soft chewy oatmeal cookies ever. Perfect for tea time or an indulgent dunk into a cup of warm milk. Before you scream blue murder read on and find out why I am super confident that these soft chewy oatmeal cookies are the best.
Click here to Pin Soft Chewy Oatmeal Cookies to your favorite board
Chewy edges with a soft center is what you get and that my friend is all you need to dip into a warm cup of milk. These cookies didn’t just get chewy by magic. It requires a special ingredient; my favorite when making chewy cookies, Karo®️ Corn Syrup. Oh yes that’s the amazing secret ingredient that gets the perfect chewy texture for any cookie without the need of an extra egg yolk.
What is Karo®️ Corn Syrup?
Let me tell you a bit more about Karo®️ Corn syrup. It’s the leading corn syrup brand with over 100 years of quality and trust over multiple generations.
Karo®️ Corn Syrup has been used over the years to make delicious treats. Just as Ingredients effortlessly come together with Karo®️ corn syrup, it effortlessly brings people together with the #TastyTreats made with it. Especially during and around the holidays, thereby creating #sweetmemories.
From your favorite pecan pie usually made during Thanksgiving to your favorite chewy chocolate chip cookie during Christmas and all year round, #KaroSyrup is all you need.
It adds #sweetness to any baked good and doesn’t contain high fructose corn syrup. Best part is you can #BakeandShare
Why You should use Karo®️ Corn Syrup in your next baking project.
Like mentioned above, Corn syrup is traditionally used for baking during the holiday season and is commonly used to make pecan pies for Thanksgiving.
Did you know Karo®️ Corn Syrup is a staple in southern cuisines? It is used often in baked goods and delicious pancake toppings.
Karo®️ Corn Syrup makes the chewiest cookies. Chewy edges and soft centers. If that isn’t pure deliciousness, then I don’t know what else is. These cookies are soooo good my 3 yr old #littlemisspickyeater almost finished a whole batch. My goodness, I had to restrain her. 😀
You can easily incorporate it into any of your favorite cookie recipes and savor the difference in taste. It definitely makes a tastier, chewier cookie 👌
What recipes can I use Karo®️ Corn Syrup for?
- Oatmeal raisin cookies
- Classic soft chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Classic Pecan pie
- Homemade Candy
- Gift a loved one with Karo®️ Corn Syrup with this recipe attached and watch the magic happen.
- This one isn’t a cookie but you can use Karo Corn syrup to relieve constipation. That’s another reason ( besides my cookie making addiction ) I regularly have Karo®️ in my Pantry. My little one used to be constipated a lot. We are gone past that now but I still have it as a pantry staple because it simply makes delicious cookies.
How to make these soft Chewy Oatmeal Cookies.
These cookies are one of the easiest cookies to make, yet so tasty. I love to use salted butter to make them. If you prefer to bake with unsalted butter that’s fine, you will need to add 1/4 tsp of salt to this recipe. See formula below:
1/4 teaspoon salt + 1/2 cup ( 1 Stick unsalted butter ) = 1/2 cup (1 stick salted butter)
Usually when I want a chewier cookie, I add an extra egg yolk like I did with my chocolate chip cookie recipe. Thanks to Karo®️ Corn Syrup, I can make the chewiest #Cookie ever without having to crack an extra egg just for the yolk. Want to make some more chewy treats? I l bet you do. Check out loads of chewy treats made using my favorite ingredient for the perfect chewiness.
Variations of these Easy, Soft, Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- Add some raisins and nuts to make yourself the chewiest oatmeal raisin cookies. Not into Raisins?
- Try my Equally Chewy and delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
FAQs on Soft, Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Q. Can I use Quick Oats for this recipe?
A. I haven’t tried this recipe with quick oats but I don’t see any reason why not.
Q. Do I have to toast my oats for this recipe?
A. You don’t have Toast your oats but I highly recommend you do. It really improves the flavor of these cookies.
Q. Does Karo®️ Corn Syrup contain High Fructose Corn Syrup?
A. No, Karo®️ Corn syrup doesn’t contain High Fructose Corn Syrup.
Q. Do I have to refrigerated the dough?
A. I recommend you do because the dough is a bit sticky. Chilling it for at least 1 hr in the refrigerator helps develop the flavor and makes the dough easier to handle. It also keeps the dough from spreading out too much when baking.
Q. I don’t have brown sugar can I use just white sugar?
A. Yes You can, but brown sugar and cinnamon are a great combination. If you don’t have brown sugar you can make your own.
Q. Can I make these cookies sugar free?
A. If you go completely sugar free on this cookie, you won’t achieve the chewiness Karo Corn Syrup brings to the table. I have a little trick for you. Swap out the brown sugar in this recipe with a sugar free brown sugar. A combination of Karo®️ Corn Syrup and the sugar free brown sugar will give you a chewy cookie with less sugar.
Q. What kind of Karo®️ Corn Syrup Should I use for this recipe?
A. Karo®️ Light Corn Syrup.
Q. Where can I buy Karo®️ Corn Syrup?
A. Karo®️ Corn Syrup is sold in your favorite grocery stores.
Q. I don’t have corn syrup, can I just swap it with sugar in this recipe?
A. Nope 😊 you won’t get that chewiness Karo®️Corn Syrup gives a cookie.
Have more questions on this recipe? Drop me a comment below and I would gladly answer them.
Did you enjoy this recipe or found the post helpful. Kindly share this recipe with Family, Friends and in your favorite Facebook group.
Click here to Pin Soft Chewy Oatmeal Cookies to your favorite board
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
Soft Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- Stand mixer or Hand mixer
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper or Silicon baking mat
- Oven mitts
- Kitchen Timer
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp Karo®️ Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats toasted.
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- Add cinnamon to rolled oats, Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in the microwave, toss rolled oats in melted butter, then transfer to a baking sheet spreading evenly on a single layer.
- Pop into the oven and toast for about 10 mins stirring half way through. Turn off heat bring out oats and set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and brown sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add the Light Karo®️ Corn Syrup, egg and vanilla Extract, Mix in till just incorporated.
- Mix in the flour and baking soda, then fold in the cooled toasted oats.
- Refrigerate for about an hour. To speed things up, freeze for 20 mins.
- When dough is chilled and firm, Scoop dough by tablespoon full onto a lined baking sheet make sure cookie balls are 2 inches apart.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Transfer Cookies to the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Let cookies rest in on the baking sheet for about 5 mins then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a glass of warm milk