Oats fufu is one of the many side dishes we eat with our African soups. Making Oat fufu in the microwave is the easiest way to make it and of course my preferred method.
A while ago on Instagram I promised to show how to make Oats fufu / Oatmeal swallow with a video recipe. I did the video but never got around to editing it in order to post it. It's here guys. I finally did it.
If you are a regular on mydiasporakitchenblog, you would have noticed I love using oats for a variety of recipes.
Anything from granola bars, Oatmeal porridge to Oatmeal swallow I am in. Oats fufu / Oatmeal swallow is our Swallow choice in My Diaspora Kitchen because of its high fiber content which keeps you frequent. If you have any health challenges like diabetes I would suggest to try my low carb swallow options made with just veggies.
Table of Contents
How to make oats fufu in the microwave.
All you need to make oats fufu in the microwave is your oats flour / oats and water.
The amount of water needed depends on the consistency you want. Bear in mind that a microwave takes away moisture.
How to serve oat fufu
Oats fufu is served with a variety of Nigerian soups.
What do you need to make oat fufu in the microwave
- Oat flour
Other microwave swallow recipes
- How to make pounded yam in the microwave
- How to make amala in the microwave
- How to make eba in the microwave
- How to make cauliflower fufu in the microwave
- How to make eggplant fufu in the microwave
Today is all about the video peeps. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this tutorial/recipe be sure to make my day by hitting the share button and share with your family and friends. Share! Share! Share! Thank you.
PIN! PIN! PIN!
How to make oats fufu in the microwave
- 2 cups homemade oat flour
- 3 or 4 cups of water see note 1 below
- Mix the water and oat flour till smooth
- Cover bowl with microwave safe lid and pop into the microwave
- Cook on high power for 4-5 mins.
- Bring out and stir
- Divide into four portions and wrap in Saran Wrap
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days