As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Thinking of making Roasted potatoes in air fryer? Make this easy diced baby potatoes. They are soft on the inside with the perfect golden and crispy exterior. Air fryer roasted potatoes make for the perfect side dish for steak and gets ready in less than 30 mins. It requires a few ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
Roasted Potatoes in Air fryer? Oh yes!
An air fryer is a must have kitchen gadget. It does literally almost everything a conventional oven can do and more since it can be used to reheat foods too just like your microwave.
These diced or cubed air fryer roasted potatoes are fluffy, crispy and delicious all at the same time. They could be used for breakfast on its own with a simple dip or as a side to air fryer steak, chicken or bacon.
No need to precook, blanch or soak and yet it comes out perfect every time. If you are looking for an easy air fryer baked potatoes recipe, this is it.
What are the best potatoes for this recipe.
Are you wondering which potatoes are perfect for roasting in your air fryer or oven, you need not worry, I am happy to help.
Unlike mashed potatoes, I really don’t think there are really specifics for the best potatoes since all potatoes can be roasted successfully, whether starchy or waxy.
You can use Yukon gold, Idaho potatoes or red potatoes. I used baby potatoes to make this Air fryer potatoes recipe and it was so good!
- Baby potatoes or potatoes of choice
- Italian seasoning blend
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic powder or Onion powder
How to make roasted potatoes in air fryer step by step
Wash and dry potatoes. Add oil and seasoning blend
Mix to coat potatoes. Place potato cubes or slices in the air fryer basket. No need to spray the basket with oil. Set temp to 400°F / 204°C and bake / air fry
What to serve with Air fryer Roasted potatoes
Air fried roasted potatoes can be eaten on its own with a sprinkle of salt and pepper or it can be served with a side of steak and gravy.
It also pairs with your favorite dip. We like to use Ketchup, Barbecue sauce or Fry sauce. Feel free to use any dipping sauce you prefer.
- Try to cut your potatoes into similar sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. Bake in 2 or 3 batches if you need to.
- Shake the basket or flip baby potatoes half way through cooking time with a pair of kitchen tongs.
- The potatoes are already coated with oil no need to use oil spray on the basket.
- I didn’t preheat my air fryer and my roasted potatoes still came out fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. If your air fryer requires preheating, you would need to reduce cooking time. Also note that even when the air fryer isn’t preheated for the first batch of any meal, subsequent batches cook faster because the air fryer is already preheated.
Best Air Fryers
Below are my top recommended air fryers
More Air fryer Recipes to try
- Air fryer frozen French fries
- Banana bread in the air fryer
- Air fryer breakfast baked potatoes
- How to make Mac and cheese in the air fryer.
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
How to Roast Potatoes in Air fryer (Air fryer Roasted Potatoes)
- Air fryer
- 1 1/4 lb baby potatoes.
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Wash Potatoes and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut into halves or quarters. If making breakfast potatoes, dice it into smaller bits.
- Add oil and spice blend to potatoes
- Mix to coat.
- Place coated potatoes on the air fryer basket in a single layer
- Bake at 400°F / 204°C for 10 mins flip potatoes and bake for another 10 to 15 mins or till your desired level of crispness.
- Serve immediately with a dip or preferred side dish.
- Air fryers cook differently if trying for the first time, check the food often to determine how your specific air fryer works.
- I like to pat the potatoes dry after washing as it helps the oil and seasoning stick better.
Don’t overcrowd the basket. Cook in batches if needed.
- No need to preheat the air fryer the air fryer, however subsequent batches will cook faster so keep a close eye.