As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Air fryer frozen French fries that turns out perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Simply a case of enjoying your favorite takeout meal in the comforts of your own home. Frozen French fries are at its very best in an Air fryer. Give it a try and you are never going back. Let me show you exactly how to do it stress free, and in no time.
Air fryer frozen fries
Now is this a recipe or a hack? You tell me. Like I said once you make this air fryer frozen French fries you won’t go back to frying them in oil or evening using your microwave to warm them up.
Though it’s a huge time saver, I wasn’t really a fan of buying frozen French fries because my ‘fries loving’ 5 year old wouldn’t devour it as fast as she did with my homemade double fried French fries or crispy air fryer fries. She really could tell the difference.
Can you make frozen fries in Air fryer?
The only times she actually enjoyed her frozen fries was whenever I made it in my oven and I am not about to turn on my oven each time I need to warm up some frozen fries.
That’s exactly where my Air fryer comes in. My good ol’ trusty air fryer. So yes, you can actually make perfectly crispy and tasty frozen French fries in your air fryer and you are going to be hooked my friend so be warned.
Air fryer frozen fries Time and Temperature.
The time it takes to get your fries from frozen to fast food deep fried crispy perfection will depend on a few factors;
- If you preheat your air fryer,
- The size of the fries and
- The level of crispy perfection you are aiming for.
If you preheat your air fryer, the frozen fries begin to cook as soon as they hit the air fryer basket. Therefore would take a shorter time to get to your desired level of crispy. usually 12-15 mins. If your air fryer isn’t preheated, you should aim for 15-20 mins. Cook my frozen fries at 400 F / 205 C
I know this from experience cos I usually don’t preheat my air fryer for most of my air fryer recipes but I find that the second batches of whatever meal I am making in my air fryer tend to cook faster by a minute or two and that’s because the air fryer was preheated while making the first batch.
How to make frozen fries in the air fryer
To make frozen fries in your air fryer, you need to follow the following steps.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 F (This is an optional step) My air fryer doesn’t require preheating. if yours does, you should.
- Spray your air fryer basket, Add the frozen fries, spray a little more.
- Air fry! Easy right? Oops I forgot the enjoy part 😊
How to Store
Fries are best eaten immediately when they are crisp and warm. Unlike homemade air fryer fries, frozen fries tend to stay crisp longer. This is because most frozen fries manufacturers use the twice fried method. The fries are precooked before flash freezing. So they tend to come out more crisp and stay crisp for longer.
I won’t advice you store these for more than a day in the refrigerator because the tend to dry out on reheating. If you do store them, reheat them on a lower temperature of 350 F in your air fryer for about 2-3 mins or until warmed through.
How to serve
This side dish can be served with a variety of sauces or dips which include:
- Yum yum sauce
- Bang bang sauce
- Serve with fish for a fish and chips meal.
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- While the fries are cooking, remember to shake the basket half way through the cooking time so that all the fries get enough love from the heat.
- Spraying oil helps crisp it up. Don’t not drench your fries in oil. Spray lightly.
- Are you new to using an air fryer? Check out my helpful guide on How to use an Air fryer.
Other Easy Air fryer side dishes to try
- Air fryer Mexican Rice
- Amazing Air fryer Brazilian Chicken legs
- Creamy Air fryer Mac and cheese
- Yummy Roasted Air fryer Carrots
- Healthy Air fryer Broccoli
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and shre the link to this recipe with family and friends and inyour favorite facebook group.
Want to share your yummy air fryer recipes with me and other air fryer buddies? Join my new air fryer recipe sharing group on Facebook. It’s FREE and it’s super FUN! You can ask questions and get helpful answers from me and other users. See you in there and don’t forget to say hello 👋 when you join.
Air fryer frozen French fries
- 5.8qt air fryer
- Oil spray bottle
- 1/2 lb frozen French fries
- spritz of oil.
- Spray air basket with oil spray.
- Pour frozen fries into the air fryer basket, spray lightly, set temperature to 400 F and timer to 15 mins. Let the fries cook. Remember to shake the fries in the basket half way through.
- Preheating is optional. if you preheat your air fryer, your frozen fries will get ready in a shorter time.
- Do not crowd the basket. So that the heat can be distributed evenly