Since the very first time I made air fryer frozen chicken nuggets, they have become more popular than pancakes for my kids. No more soggy microwaved nuggets, these are air fried to crispy perfection. The air fryer sure does amazing things on frozen foods in less time. So if you’ve wondered ‘frozen chicken nuggets in Air fryer?’ This recipe should answer that.
Air fryer frozen Chicken Nuggets Recipe
This has become a staple in my home. My girls love it. I either make them from scratch in the air fryer like my air fryer southern chicken or I grab a bag of frozen nuggets and make them from frozen which is very convenient.
Making frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer is the best way to enjoy McDonald’s style chicken nuggets at home. And how do I know this? My 5 year old says it. She wouldn’t touch microwaved chicken nuggets but will literally wolf these down.
Frozen Chicken Nuggets in Air fryer? Yes Please!
That’s exactly my son’s answer when he learnt the magic an air fryer does to frozen nuggets. He never really liked microwave nuggets and having to make them in the oven wasn’t worth the time especially if you just need it for some crispy chicken burgers
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets. Use plant based ‘chicken Nuggets’ for a vegan option.
- Dipping sauce of choice.
How to make Air fryer Frozen chicken nugget.
Note this is not the from scratch recipe. This recipe uses store bought precooked frozen nuggets.
Step 1-3; Grab bag of frozen nuggets, layer in the air fryer basket and air fry.
Step 4-6; Look at that crispy perfection. Serve with favorite dipping sauce
Air fryer Vegan chicken nuggets
You can make frozen vegan chicken nuggets in the air fryer as well. It’s as easy as that. All you need to do is grab a bag of your favorite plant based chicken nuggets and air fry for 8 - 10 minutes at 390 F and voila! It’s ready.
How to cook chicken nuggets and fries together in the air fryer.
You can cook frozen nuggets and frozen fries together in the air fryer especially if you have the air fryers with bigger baskets. Follow the steps below to achieve crispy chicken and fries.
- Step 1: Arrange frozen fries and chicken in one layer in the air fryer basket.
- Set Temperature to 400 degrees F and set timer to 15 mins. Shake basket half way through cook time.
- At 12 mins, check nuggets. if its has crisped up to your taste, remove and let the fries cook for the remaining 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Storing and Reheating
Air fryer nuggets are best served immediately so I would suggest you make what you need at a particular time.
However if you find that you have left overs. Pack it in a freezer bag or air tight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 400F or till warmed through.
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- No need to thaw frozen nuggets, cook in the air fryer from frozen
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket Place frozen nuggets in one layer so that air circulates and they cook evenly.
- Cook in batches if you intend to cook a large batch.
- If you are making the dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, you will need to cook them in less time because they are thinner than the Tyson nuggets.
- Serve with your favorite dip. We love to dip ours in Tomato Ketchup, Barbecue sauce or Fry sauce
It's probably easier than you think. If you are cooking from frozen, get the nuggets from the freezer and dump right into the air fryer basket and cook. Cooking from scratch will need a different process which includes dunking the chicken pieces in milk and egg then coating with a mix of flour and spices. You would need a Meat Thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked up to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Frozen Chicken Nuggets are cooked to crispy perfection in for 12 mins no preheating needed. (You might want to check if your own air fryer needs to be preheated to function effectively)
You cook frozen fries and frozen fries together in air fryer. The step by step to doing that is outlined above.
Other Air Fryer Frozen foods
- Air fryer frozen French fries: Make crispy French fries in your air fryer in 15 mins no hassle.
- Succulent Air fryer frozen meatballs: If you haven’t tried frozen meatballs in the air fryer, then get ready to be pleased with the result. It’s so so good.
- Crispy Air fryer Frozen Tater tots: You would love how your air fryer crisps up tater tots.
- Air fryer frozen Chicken wings: unbelievably crispy Wings ready to be doused with your fav sauce.
- My complete collection of Air Fryer Recipes
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Air fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Air fryer
- 18 pieces Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Pour Frozen Chicken Nuggets into the basket of your air fryer. It should be in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Set Temperature to 400°F and timer to 12 mins then press start.
- Shake basket or flip nuggets half way through.
- When cooking time is complete, check if it has crisped to your desired texture and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
- If cooking refrigerated nuggets and not frozen, it takes 10 mins. (Please note, I am not referring to reheating previously air fried nuggets that is stored in the refrigerator. I already explained that in the body of the post)
- My Air Fryer crisps up frozen nuggets in 12 mins hence the need to mention that you check if yours has crisped to your taste. You can always add more time if needed.
- If cooking a crowd, you will need cook in batches and you should know that the subsequent batches from the first will cook faster by a minute because the air fryer is has been preheated, so keep an eye on subsequent batches.