This Soft, fluffy pancake recipe is sure to please you and your loved ones. It is made from scratch and definitely better than the pancake mix sold in stores in my opinion. I had a funny experience when I was growing up.
In a hurry? Click here to jump to recipe! OR Click here to Print!
Well I should say while I was growing up... more like when I was a teenager (that was while I was growing up isn't it ) baby sitting my little cousin who came visiting from the US with his mom. He was about 3 yrs old then. They were staying at our home for their vacation. He was a picky eater who loved pancakes. His mom always travelled back with all sorts of goodies but this pancake matter was always his fav.
Because his mom was always around most times when he wanted to have some pancakes I was never the one to make these pancakes for him. But one day I had to make it because his mom wasn't home and the young man wouldn't eat anything else but these pancakes lol.
Now i learnt a big lesson that day that has helped me to date. Always read a recipe through before you start. We occasionally made pancakes at home from scratch so I had never used a pancake mix before. Need I say the pancake I made that day turned out to be a disaster ? don't know what I made cos those weren't pancakes. Maybe some pancakes burnt balls or whatever. Of course the young man couldn't eat it and he still reminds me if that story till date ???
Oh well I got better at it and now I love making mine from scratch. It takes little to no time. Since it's the beginning of the school year again, back to school things . This is one of my occasional go to breakfasts for the kiddos. I say occasional because I am trying to reduce the consumption of foods made with flour in my home. WIP ( work in progress ).
There are tons of pancake recipes on the net but If you love pancakes, this is the recipe to try. I have been making these pancakes for a long time now I can't exactly recall where I found this recipe but I adapted it to my taste. This pancake recipe post is long overdue it has been lying in draft mode for months but I hadn't got around to editing it. Well today happens to be the day the LORD chose.
Happy Labor Day friends..
Soft and fluffy buttermilk pancakes
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Salted butter Melted
- ¼ teaspoon Ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp White vinegar
- Pour milk into a cup, add the white vinegar and set aside.
- Measure out the flour, add the nutmeg, baking powder and baking soda and mix with a fork or whisk.
- Melt butter in microwave. 10 seconds should do the trick.
- Crack and beat the egg. Add vanilla to the egg
- Pour the melted butter, milk ( buttermilk) and eggs into the flour and mix with a whisk till just incorporated
- Heat up frying pan, I prefer to use the non stick but any good pan would work.
- Spray pan with cooking spray. With a quarter measuring cup, scoop batter into frying pan. My pan takes 4 pancakes at a time.
- When you see some bubbles on the surface of the pancakes, it's time to flood o to the other side of the pancake. At this point I turn off the heat and allow residual heat from the pan cook the other side. This prevents the pancakes from burning.
- Take out ready pancakes, wipe off the grease which would look burnt. Then turn on heat and repeat steps 6 and 7 until all the batter is used up.
- Serve with a dollop of butter or whipped cream, and pancake syrup topped with berries. Don't forget the warm milk or hot chocolate to accompany it
[…] the very first time I made air fryer frozen chicken nuggets, they have become more popular than pancakes for my kids. No more soggy microwaved nuggets, these are air fried to crispy perfection. The air […]
[…] you’ve made your very own buttermilk. Use it in any recipe that calls for buttermilk like my fluffy buttermilk pancake […]
[…] alike. But just one person doesn’t go ga ga over these breakfast deliciousness though ? He prefers his pancakes plain or just with blueberries because those are his favorite fruits and isn’t crazy about bacon […]
[…] this recipe I used my trusty pancake recipe. Feel free to use any pancake mix of your choice. But I would recommend Aunt Jemima Pancake mix or […]
[…] desserts but you’ve got to try this to get the gist. It’s very easy to make just like my buttermilk pancakes but with this recipe you cuddle the milk with fresh lemon juice and then add some lemon […]