Air fryer hard boiled eggs? Yep! These easy peel eggs are ‘boiled’ without water. Making hard boiled eggs in your air fryer is definitely a skill you need to learn. It’s so easy and you have the perfect eggs for salads, deviled eggs or a snack in about 15 mins. If you have been wondering how to make hard or soft boiled eggs in your air fryer, this post is just for you. Make sure to read through the post for FAQs, step by step photos and a short video.
Table of Contents
- 1 Can you make hard boiled eggs in an Air fryer?
- 2 Join our Air fryer recipe group on Facebook!
- 3 How to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer without a rack
- 4 Air fryer hard boiled eggs with a rack
- 5 Air fryer soft boiled eggs
- 6 How to store hard boiled eggs
- 7 Recipes that use hard boiled eggs.
- 8 Other Easy Air fryer Recipes
- 9 Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- 10 Air fryer hard boiled eggs
Can you make hard boiled eggs in an Air fryer?
There are many ways to boil an egg. In fact I have more than one method here on the blog. Just like you can make hard boiled eggs in your oven you can make hard boiled eggs in your air fryer.
The truth is that these days, there are various ways to boil eggs besides the stove top method. Have you tried making Instant pot hard boiled eggs? Now between that and this air fryer hard boiled eggs, I don’t know which is cooler.
If you like runny eggs, those are soft boiled, you can also make those in your air fryer, it’s simply a matter of timing and I will show you exactly how I do it.
Join our Air fryer recipe group on Facebook!
How to make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer without a rack
This is an overview of this recipe with step by step photos. Full printable recipe can b found at the bottom of this page. Make sure to watch video to put it all in perspective.
Pic 1- 4; This shows you how to do this without a rack. Put the eggs in the air fryer. No need to preheat the air fryer. Set the timer to 270 F and timer for 15 mins then transfer cooked eggs into ice bath.
Air fryer hard boiled eggs with a rack
Pic 1-3; the only difference in this Method is the use of a rack. Place raw eggs on the rack that came with your air fryer and follow same instructions above.
Air fryer soft boiled eggs
If you are looking to make soft boiled eggs in the air fryer, and wondering if you can do that. Yes you can. All you need to do is reduce the time.
To air soft boiled eggs. Place raw eggs in the air fryer, set the temperature at 270 F (132 C) then cook for 13 mins and shock in ice water.
How to store hard boiled eggs
Hard boiled eggs can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Follow the next steps to store boiled effectively. Let it cool completely, do not peel. They are best stored in the shell. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
This will depend on the watts of Your air fryer. My air fryer is a 1500watts Fryer. It cooks hard boiled eggs in 15 mins without preheating.
Yes you can. We just did 😉
Recipes that use hard boiled eggs.
- Cobb salad
- Deviled eggs
- Egg sandwich
- Egg salad
- Chef’s salad
Other Easy Air fryer Recipes
- Air fryer Brazilian Chicken legs
- Air fryer Bacon
- Air fryer banana bread
- Air fryer burgers
- Air fryer Spanish rice
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- Make sure the eggs have no cracks other wise they would Klerk in your air fryer ruining your perfect hard boiled eggs
- I used my gourmia air fryer for this recipe. I didn’t need to preheat it and it cooked perfectly. You might need to test how your site fryer works. To do that start with one egg.
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Hungry For More? Sign up for my Newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest updates!
Air fryer hard boiled eggs
- Air fryer
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 Cup Ice (for ice bath)
- 2 Cups Water (for ice bath)
- Put eggs in the air fryer basket, turn on the air fryer, set temperature to 270F and timer to 15 mins for hard boiled eggs and 13 mins for soft boiled eggs.
- Two minutes to end of air fryer cycle, Mix ice with water for Ice bath. When cycle is complete, use a pair of kitchen tongs to get the eggs out of the air fryer and submerge immediately in the ice bath for at least 3 minutes before peeling.
- Make sure eggs are not cracked. It will leak into your air fryer and ruin your hard boiled eggs.
- Use a pair of kitchen tongs to get eggs out of the air fryer into ice bath. The cooked eggs will be hot.
I love soft boiled eggs but they always seem like too much effort so I was excited to try this recipe. Except they came out hard boiled. 13 minutes at 270 was definitely too long and the egg had brown burn marks on the inside of the shell. I guess I'll try it again at 11-12 minutes and see what happens.
Air fryers differ, I should probably put a time range. Mine did for come our hard boiled at 13 mins it was soft boiled and from the video you’ll see I have no black marks in the eggs. Maybe start Checking yours at 10 mins. What air fryer do you have? Thank for your feedback
My air fryer does not go below 300 degrees. So I cook them at 300 for about 13 minutes and they come out fine.
That’s awesome Susan! Thank you for the tip 🙌. May I ask what air fryer you are using. Thanks.
I have been looking for new recipes for my air fryer and this is perfect. My kids love hard boiled eggs as an after school snack..this makes it so easy!
Wow, I never would've thought to use an air fryer to boil eggs. Thanks for the tips!!
This looks so interesting and delicious! I'm so excited to try this!
I love egg salad but hate the process of boiling the eggs. I must try this method!
This was so simple! How have I not tried this yet, great idea!
I am so excited to know I can make hard boiled eggs in the air fryer! I have just started branching out using my Air Fryer. It is so fun learning all the things I can cook in it. Thanks for the great tips and instructions on how to cook them!