This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SeasonsSweetings #CollectiveBias
Brown Sugar cinnamon cookies are one of my favorites. I look forward to making these tender, delicious, and egg-free cookies all year round. The kids love them, adults love them, I mean who wouldn't love Cinnamon Cookies? Cinnamon in everything tastes all Christmasy and delicious. The addition of Truvia® Brown Sugar Blend to these cinnamon cookies is everything. I am excited to show you how to make these melt in your mouth cinnamon cookies with step by step photos and a short video to make sure you are equipped to make these Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cookies from scratch.
Interested in trying out Truvia Sugar Blends? Hover over the photo to click through for purchasing at ACME.
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
If you are a fan of cinnamon rolls, then you will understand what this rave is about. I recently started using the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend in my baking.
I have found that Truvia Sugar Blends bake and brown like sugar, but with 75% fewer calories than sugar. Therefore, I am excited to share this cinnamon cookie recipe with you, so you can bake these cookies and all your holiday cookies with a sugar blend that has 75% few calories than sugar and is naturally sweet from the Stevia leaf. This Truvia Brown Sugar Blend has a taste you will love.
Truvia Sugar Blends (Baking Blends)
Truvia Sugar Blends are a blend of Sugar, Erythritol and Stevia. I love to use Truvia Sugar Blends because they are easy to use and taste great in baked goods.
My kiddos literally finished the first batch of cookies I made with them, and trust me, that's a big deal as they can really be picky.
Where to buy Truvia Sugar Blends.
Truvia Sugar Blends can be found in the baking goods aisle in your favorite grocery store. I buy mine from the ACME grocery store near me.
How to make Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cookies
These Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cookies taste amazing and are super easy to make. I decided to use my favorite shortbread recipe to make these cinnamon cookies.
I wanted to make a cookie that was egg-free, buttery and delicious. My Shortbread cookie dough was the perfect base for this recipe.
I swapped out the sugar for the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend, added some cinnamon and it made the perfect melt in your mouth cookies. Seriously, you've got to try these cookies. See step by step pictorial below.
Part 1: Mix all ingredients to form dough
Part 2: Roll out and cut out chilled dough then bake.
Can I make the dough ahead and freeze it?
You can make this cookie dough ahead and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to one month.
When ready to use, place frozen cookie dough in the refrigerator overnight to thaw then before rolling it out to cut. Let it sit on the countertop for about 20 mins if it's still hard. Then roll it out and bake.
How to store these Cinnamon Cookies
A batch of these cookies makes 36 cookies depending on the size cookie cutter used. These never last past a day in my home.
The good news is that you can easily double this recipe or just make some more. These cinnamon cookies keep very well stored in a cookie jar for up to a week.
Truvia Sugar Blends can easily be used instead of sugar for your holiday baking and all year round. Check out the Truvia to Sugar conversion chart here to make it easier for you to incorporate Truvia into your holiday baking. You won't be disappointed.
Recipes you can use Truvia for this holiday season and beyond.
- These delightful cinnamon roll cookies
- The perfect brown sugar cinnamon oatmeal breakfast
- This quick no yeast cinnamon rolls recipe.
What would you be making this holiday with Truvia Sugar Blends? I would love to know. Also when you make these cookies, and your other beautiful creations, make sure to tag @mydiasporakichen on Instagram so I can see your beautiful creations. Happy Holidays!
PS: If you enjoyed this recipe or found the post helpful, kindly share this recipe with family, friends and in your favorite Facebook group.
Please share the link to the recipe. Do not copy and paste the recipe. Thanks for your support and for always being amazing.
Click here to pin these low sugar cinnamon cookies to your cookie board
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
How to make Cinnamon Cookies
- 3 sticks of salted butter
- 1 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- Cream butter and Truvia Brown Sugar Blend till light and fluffy
- Add vanilla and ground cinnamon, mix to combine
- Add the flour to mixture then mix till cohesive dough ball is formed.
- Divide dough into two equal parts, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Bring out one chilled dough ball.
- Roll out in between two parchment papers
- Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters of choice. Transfer to a lined baking sheet and return to the refrigerator.
- Bring out second chilled dough, Preheat oven to 350F
- Repeat same process above. Bring out first batch and pop into the preheated oven while you pop second batch into the refrigerator.
- Bake for cookies for 15-18 mins. When cookies are done, bring out of oven and pop second batch right in and bake for 15-18 mins too.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 8 mins before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.