As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
I really am sorry please forgive me for today I bring to you a sinfully decadent breakfast??. These fluffy gooey cinnamon rolls. Oh Cinnamon rollsssss…. ??. They are usually common during the fall months and at the Christmas season. But hey you can have it for breakfast or a snack at whatever season of the year you want.
You need to be in my kitchen right now. Oh not just the kitchen but the whole house is so ‘cinnamony’ hmmmm talk about oven made potpourri……. I love it. My son is doing his happy dance? currently as I write ???. I sure have his rapt attention now so I can make my house chores’ wish and he is at my command.
Talk about the magic lamp in Aladdin. With this cinnamon rolls my wish is my boy’s command lol. But seriously they are that good.
So please indulge with caution. Stick to portion sizes which sadly is one ?.
Because it’s so good and we want a trim waist line….. don’t we all? I can’t make this as often as we would love because honestly no one actually sticks to one serving ?
My ‘white’ Nigerian sis in law got us into this decadent wahala but what are we to do but enjoy. Life is for the living abi?
About the recipe, don’t worry this is not those recipe that call for overnight rise. This is a quick one as compared to those recipes I promise.
Let’s get started.
Prep Time: 20 mins Yield: 15 servings
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp instant dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp salted butter ( softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- 4 Oz salted butter softened
- 1-1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2Tbsp milk
- The Dough:
- Measure out your ingredients, put the dry ones into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Add in the butter and egg
- Warm up your milk in the microwave till it’s warm* (like the temperature of baby food). Took about 10-15 secs.
- Add the vinegar to the milk and pour into the other ingredients in the mixing bowl
- With the dough hook of the mixer start mixing till the all the ingredients form a ball.
when the dough forms get it out, put it in an oil greased bowl and cover with cling film.
- Finally cover with a kitchen towel.
- Put in a warm place and allow to rise for 1 hr.
- In the interim, prepare the Filling
- Measure out the butter and set aside.
- Measure out the brown sugar and cinnamon and mix together.
- After an hour the dough should have doubled in size
- Put it on a work surface or nonstick mat and Knead lightly. Knead in some flour if dough sticky.
- Roll out the dough in the shape of a rectangle
- Spread softened butter evenly on the rolled out dough.
- Using a spoon pour the brown sugar and cinnamon mix over the butter evenly.
- Starting at the long side of the dough roll the dough tightly until all rolled up like a tube.
- With a sharp knife cut the tube into 14-15 pieces.
- Line up in a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- cover with cling film and a kitchen towel then allow to rest for 30 mins
- With a whisk or hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and milk and beat till incoperated.
- The glaze should be light but not runny. Add another tablespoon of milk if it’s too thick.
Back to our dough after 30 mins
- The rolls should be ready for the oven now and should look like this ?
- And it’s ready to bake. ?????
- Bake for at 350F for 15 – 20 mins or until the top is lightly brown.
- Allow to cool for about 2 mins then pour the glaze all over the top.
- This deliciously awesomeness is ready. ENJOY!!!!
If you epl e
h friends and family.
We love to hear from you….. Got questions? Drop a few lines in the comments section below.
Dont have a question and want to say hello comment below too.
Stay well friend.Toodles…