Easy lemon loaf cake is so easy to make and tastes absolutely divine. The perfect lemony dessert with a tender crumb that's will keep you coming for more. If you have ever tried Starbucks lemon loaf cake, you would agree with me that this is a recipe is a great competition. kiddos would enjoy making it with you and of course the taste would reward their precious efforts.
Photo Credit: Lisa of Snappy Gourmet
Table of Contents
Lemon loaf cake
The is one of the best lemon loaf cake recipes I have tried and I sure have tried a lot in my test kitchen. Trust me when I say this lemon loaf cake will get you asking for more. Take this to a potluck and see how fast it disappears.
Kids Chef Bakes: The Kids Cookbook for aspiring bakers.
You see l love cooking with my kiddos and I hope to one day get around to writing a cook book for children that would make Nigerian cooking and cooking/baking in general so simplified that they would be quick to jump into cooking. So you can imagine my excitement when a blogger friend Lisa of snappygourmet.com asked me to review a cookbook she wrote for kids. Kid Chef Bakes: The Kids Cookbook for Aspiring Bakers
This book has loads of yummy recipes and easy step by steps to follow along. Lisa’s tips and troubleshooting sections on each recipe make it even easier. Did I tell you I am a cook book junkie and this book is colorful and pretty to look at.
When I got a copy I flipped through it with excitement. The children were not left out of course. We decided we would make the lemon loaf cake.
Well let me say I guided then towards the lemon cake because for a long time they have been asking for a lemon cake and now they had the opportunity to make one they were heading other directions because the kids chef bakes book had too many other delightful options.
[bctt tweet="This easy lemon loaf cake can't get easier than this. You get to win the cookbook too" username="mydiasporakitch"]
The cake turned out delicious and moist. A big thanks to the sour cream in this recipe. I would definitely be making this again. I love baking and because you my lovely readers have been amazing, I want to thank you by hosting this giveaway and Lisa has been gracious enough to offer copy of her beautiful cookbook to any one of my readers who wins.
This book is mainly for children aged 8 to about 13. But adults would love it too. Your little ones would love the easy to follow and tasty recipes.
Ingredients needed to make this moist lemon loaf cake.
- All purpose Flour
How to make Lemon Loaf cake
*The full ingredients list is in the recipe card at the bottom of the page. This is just and overview of the recipe.
This recipe calls for a sour milk or buttermilk substitute (a mix of milk and lemon juice)
- Preheat oven (very important step)
- Make the sour milk., cream butter and sugar, add eggs and then the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven.
How to make lemon loaf cake glaze
Mix the powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk to combine. If too watery add more icing sugar till you get the consistency you need. If it's too thick, adjust accordingly with milk a ¼ teaspoon at a time.
Hope you get to try this easy lemon loaf cake and that you get to win the book. But if you don’t, consider purchasing it.
If you are some one like me who loves to cook and bake or your little ones involved in the kitchen then you are definitely in the right place.
NOTE: This giveaway is for people living in the United States BUT You can still take part in the giveaway if you don't live in the United States but have a family member or friend who does. That way if you win, the Cookbook can be shipped to the address of the person and you can get the book from the person. But be sure to enter the giveaway in your own name.
If you enjoyed this post consider rating the recipe and dropping a comment below. Remember to invite your friends and family to the party by sharing this post with them.
[amazon_link asins='B0029JQEIC,B004VLYQGS,B003922L12,B002BFQR3G,B00EZQQEMS' template='ProductGrid' store='chichiuguru-20' marketplace='US' link_id='3a654751-ba08-11e7-a37a-d3e8b5a765e5']
Enter Giveaway below!
Easy Lemon Loaf Cake
- ⅓ cup milk 2% or whole
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-3 tablespoons milk 2% or whole
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a 8 ½ x 4 ½ x 2 ½ loaf pan.
- 2 Make the sour milk. In a small bowl, add ⅓ cup milk and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, stir to combine. Let sit about 10 minutes.
- 3 Mix the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4 Cream the butter and sugar. In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 10 seconds, or until smooth. Beat in the granulated sugar until well blended and light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg is added. Beat in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- 5 Combine all ingredients. Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk mixture to the butter mixture, beating on low after each addition, until the batter is just combined.
- 6 Bake the cake. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool slightly, then remove the cake from the pan to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- 7 Make the glaze, In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of milk. Whisk in more milk as needed until thick but spreadable. Spoon the glaze over the top of the cake, so it can drizzle down the sides.