Native Jollof Rice or Iwuk Edesi is a delicious ...
Gingerbread waffles are deliciously laced with the delightful gingerbread spice. Gingerbread waffles fill the air with festive undertones.
Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year because of its significance of the best of Christ and for the joy the season brings. It's not about the exchange of gifts but love and cheer in the season.
Gingerbread spice is synonymous with Christmas just like pumpkin spice everything is linked to Fall/ Autumn.
Gingerbread cookies and gingerbread waffles can be made anytime of the year but I always find myself making them a lot more often towards the end of the year especially around Christmas.
How to make Gingerbread Waffles.
With a handful of ingredients you are well on your way to a festive breakfast of gingerbread waffles. I Know it looks like a long list but most are pantry ingredients you probably already have.
Gingerbread waffle ingredients.
- Sour Cream
*Make sure to check Recipe card at the bottom of the page to get quantity and full instructions.
What kind of waffle maker do I need?
Yes I know I am a kitchen appliance junkie but these I truly bought for them especially the Dash mini griddle so they can make pancakes without using the stove.
There are a variety of waffles makers to chose from even heart shaped ones for a Valentine's Day themed breakfast and this Mickey Mouse themed one to add some fun to your little one's breakfast. This animal themed one is another keeper.
Can I make Waffles ahead?
Waffles can be made ahead but need to be stored properly. Follow these steps to store waffles.
- Make the waffles, cool completely on a cooling rack to prevent a soggy bottom.
- Wrap tightly in foil and store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- For longer storage, freeze on a parchment paper lined baking sheet till fully frozen (for about 2 hrs) then transfer into a freezer bag or container and store for up to 2 months.
- To reheat waffles use a toaster, toaster oven or regular oven.
Can gingerbread waffles batter be stored in the refrigerator?
Gingerbread waffles batter can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store in an airtight container and stir properly when ready to use.
How to serve Gingerbread Waffles
- Serve with berries - strawberries, raspberries, blackberries etc
- Serve with butter and pancake syrup
- Dust with powdered sugar
Did you like this recipe? Great! Check out our other yummy breakfast recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe or found the post helpful. Kindly share this recipe with Family, Friends and in your favorite Facebook group.
Please share the link to the recipe. Do not copy and paste the recipe. Thanks for your support and for always being amazing.
How to make Easy Gingerbread Waffles
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons Molasses
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Gingerbread spice mix
- ½ teaspoons Baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Chopped Nuts
- Maple syrup
- Mix wet ingredients together and set aside
- Mix all dry ingredients together then add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix to combine
- Turn on the waffle maker allow to heat up
- Spray baking spray on the waffle iron
- Scoop about ⅔ cup of batter into the waffle maker. Cover and allow to cook for about 3-4 mins depending on your waffle maker. Keep an eye on the light indicator if your waffle maker has that option.
- Transfer cooked waffles onto a paper towel lined plate or a cooling rack.
- Repeat process till all the batter is used up
- Enjoy with maple syrup or any topping of your choice
- If you don't have gingerbread mix you can make yours. I have included a link to my gingerbread spice mix in the post. Alternatively use 1 ½ teaspoons of ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon cloves and ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- If you are making a large batch, you can keep the waffles warm in the oven while you make the rest. Turn on your oven at 200 F keep waffles in there on a cookie sheet while you make more waffles.
- Waffles take about 3-4 mins depending on your waffle maker. Be sure to check your manufacturer's instructions.
- I recommend you turn on your waffles maker just before adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients so it doesn't get too hot when I put my batter in. If your waffle maker heats up slowly, then turn the waffle maker on before mixing your batter.
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!