As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
They say chocolate makes things better. Is that true? You tell me I am not a fan of dark chocolate but this chocolate ice cream did make me feel better. ?
The creamy silky texture of it and the heavenly delicious taste makes it a keeper both for chocolate fans and otherwise. Store bought ice cream got nothing on this one.
The fact that it’s no churn and easy to make at home makes it a winner.
Let me show you how.
Prep Time: 5 mins Yield: serves 6
Freeze Time: 6 hrs to overnight
- 2 cups cold Heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 1 tsp decafenated coffee (optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pour Condensed milk in a cup, sieve in the cocoa powder and coffee. Then mix till well incorporated and smooth.
- In a cold mixing bowl pour in the condensed milk-cocoa-coffee mix, cold heavy cream, salt and vanilla extract.
- Whisk for 3 minutes start with medium speed for a minute, then whip on high for the remaining 2 minutes.
- Be careful not to over whip because if you do you will be making butter.
- Transfer ice cream into a 2 Quart container and freeze for 6 to 8 hrs or overnight.
- After freezing time, enjoy plain or with toppings. I used chocolate syrup.
Tips for success:
In addition to tips found here, for the chocolate icecream,
- You have to watch closely because it whips up to stiff peaks quicker than the the other no churn Ice cream recipes. ( when everything is mixed together before you whip.)
- Make sure you sieve the cocoa and coffee.
- If the coffee is in granules crush it then sieve.
Did you like this tutorial? Please share with your family and friends using the share buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Have a question or a comment? Ask away in the comment section below. We love to hear from you.
Don’t forget to subscribe so you get all these delicious awesomeness straight to your in box.?
Till the next recipe, stay well friend.