Air fryer cupcakes are the best things that happened to hassle free baking. Whether made from scratch or with your favorite box cake mix, making cupcakes in an air fryer will soon be your favorite thing to do. All you need to do is mix, sprinkle in some fun and air fry!
Vanilla Cupcakes in Airfryer?
This fluffy vanilla cupcakes with sprinkles of fun will delight anyone. Since making my air fryer banana bread and my air fryer cake, baking in the air fryer is my favorite thing to do. An air fryer is so much fun. Make sure to grab one of you have the counter space for it. So worth it!
Some good news, you don’t need any specific air fryer cupcake pan to make these cupcakes though if you do have one that’s perfect. I used my silicon baking cups and they worked out perfectly.
What ingredients do I need to make Cupcakes in the Airfyer?
You need your standard cake ingredients of baking from scratch. Or your favorite box mix. I also have my homemade cake mix recipe I would be sharing with you soon. It is the Perfect quantity for this recipe.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
How to make the best Air fryer cupcakes.
Can you make muffins in the Air fryer?
An air fryer can bake almost anything. So yes you can make muffins in the air fryer. Simply use your best muffin recipe and bake it up and you are good to go.
How to store.
These Funfetti cupcakes can be stored just like any other cake recipe. They need to be wrapped tightly so they don’t dry out.
Wrapping them in seran wrap does a good job at locking the moisture in. You can also store in freezer bags. These will stay fresh (well wrapped) on the counter for up to 3 days. Store in the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer for up to a month.
Quick Recipe Notes and tips.
- Since the air fryer is has a smaller compartment and bakes from the top, it bakes much faster so the cupcakes tend to brown quickly. That’s why you need to bake cupcakes at a lower temperature than you would normally bake them in a larger oven.
- This recipe makes 12-13 cupcakes, you will need to bake them in batches. My air fryer takes up to 9 cupcakes at a time. However I split into 2 batches.
- The second batch usually cooks faster than the first batch because the air fryer is already hot.
- I have baked with a preheated air fryer and a non preheated one. The only difference was that the cupcakes baked in the preheated air fryer baked a minute faster. However air fryers are different. When baking with yours, be sure to start checking at least 2 minutes before time is up.
Love desserts? We do too!
Other Air fryer Recipes to try
- Air fryer frozen Chicken nuggets: Perfectly crisp chicken nuggets are great air fryer buddies. Never eat a soggy nugget again.
- Banana bread in the air fryer: The very first baking I did in an air fryer. Best decision ever.
- Air fryer Mac and cheese: Unbelievably creamy Mac and cheese can be made with this amazing kitchen appliance
- Mexican rice in the Air fryer: I love cooking my Jollof rice in the oven. It’s no wonder I had to try this and it came out perfect.
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Air fryer cupcakes from scratch
- 200 g sugar
- 226 g butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 210 g All purpose flour
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- ½ Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time till incorporated. It may look curdled at the moment but it doesn’t matter.
- Mix in the milk, fold in the flour with a spatula then lightly whisk with the hand mixer till combined. (Do not over mix)
- Fold in the sprinkles gently.
- Scoop batter into silicon cupcake liners or air fryer cupcake pan.
- Air fry at 330F for 12 mins.
- This recipe make 12 cupcakes
- Do not over mix the batter after adding the flour
- Fold in the sprinkles gently so it doesn’t bleed colors into the batter.
- I usually don’t preheat my air fryer when I make cupcakes. However, if you do, the cupcakes would cook faster. Start checking at 10 mins.
- The cupcakes should be baked in two batches. The second batch will cook faster since the air fryer is already preheated.