As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
These Pretty pink ribbon cookies are the perfect treat to create awareness for breast cancer. They are pink, delicious and easy to make.. a treat that would catch anyone’s attention for the right cause!
It’s the month October besides the fact that everything is ‘autumney’ pumpkiney and pumpkin spiced it’s also a month dedicated to eating together as a family and creating awareness for the terrible disease that is breast cancer.
Breast cancer is a terrible disease that has affected lots of lives. With the increase of Its awareness breast cancer mortality rate has dropped by 39% in the US between 1989 and 2015.
This hope can be shared with the rest of the world by creating more avenues to create awareness.
As terrible as breast cancer is, it one of the cancers that can be easily treated when detected early. In other words early detection is key to surviving this disease. A monthly self examination and a yearly physical examination by your doctor can go a long way to prevent any unfortunate event.
If you would love to support the cause of spreading awareness of this disease to help people with the disease or to help prevention of the disease the Susan G Komen foundation is a good place to start.
These cookies are a treat. An occasional treat so please don’t over indulge ( that’s me talking to myself ) I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe with a little adaptation to make it perfect for this awareness month. The secret ingredient here is the strawberry flavored gelatin It added some color and sweetness to the cookies. If you do not want to use the strawberry flavored gelatin aka strawberry jello you can simply use some pink gel food coloring and strawberry extract like I did with my strawberry cut out valentine cookies.
Did you enjoy the post. Spread the love by sharing this recipe with family and friends. That way you are also helping to create awareness of this horrible disease.
PIN! PIN! PIN!
Pretty in Pink Cookies
- 1 Cup 2 sticks salted butter
- 3/4 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3 oz pack strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest from one large lemon or two small ones
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
For white chocolate drizzle
- 1/4 cup while chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together except the sugar
- Beat sugar and butter together for a minute the mix I'm beaten egg, vanilla extract and and lemon zest.
- Add the dry ingredients, mix until it comes together and forms a ball.
- Divide into two portions and wrap in cello wrap
- Preheat oven to 350•F
- Roll out each portion between parchment paper till about 1/4 in thick
- Use your ribbon cutter and cut out cookies
- Arrange on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15 mins
- Bring out, let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 mins then transfer to cooling rack.
For white chocolate drizzle.
- In a microwave safe mug, pour white chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Microwave for 30 secs and stir microwave again if not fully melted
- Drizzle over cookies