As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
As always pasta dishes are a quick way to get dinner on the table. This whole grain spaghetti dish would wow your tastebuds. For me I think it’s the fact that it’s Al dente that makes the cut because mushy pasta ain’t my thing.
I know you are wondering about my al dente ramblings. Don’t mind me o it simply means cooking the spaghetti till it’s firm to the bite. Meaning don’t cook till the spaghetti is too soft and mushy. Most times you achieve al dente in just 8 mins.
I used to think whole grain pasta would be horrible tasting until I tried it and was pleasantly surprised that it didn’t taste a lot different from it’s non whole grain counterpart. Actually I was bit concerned about the kiddos but guess what they didn’t even notice or could it be that they were just super hungry and grateful for food?. Naaa that wasn’t the reason I think they really didn’t notice because MR K didn’t notice as well.
Talking about the kiddos, they resume school tomorrow. I told them I was going to do a happy dance as I drop them off at school because they practically drove me nuts this summer. They laughed so hard and kept telling me how they would love to see my happy dance. For real I know I would miss them but right now I need them in school oh my goodness.
Well back to our whole grain Spaghetti, matter. Since they enjoyed it and didn’t even notice, I decided to share this recipe in the hope that It would encourage you to try some whole grain pasta if you haven’t. Let’s get cooking so we can enjoy the food.
I am curious to know how you tackle whole grain pasta and I would be delighted If you join the conversation below and follow along on Instagram and Facebook.
Thanks for stopping by our kitchen today.
Here is a little gift to say THANK YOU ? Chichi?
Whole grain Spaghetti dish Al dente
- 450 g / 1 lb whole grain spaghetti
- 450 g / 1 lb mixed vegetables frozen or fresh and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 3/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp of salt for boiling spaghetti
- 5 hot dog franks chopped
- Salt/ bouillon powder to taste
- Heat up oil in a sauce pan and sauté the onion till fragrant and tender, add the crushed garlic and chopped hot dogs, stir for about 2 mins then add the frozen or fresh vegetables. Season to taste.
- Continue to stir fry veggies to prevent burning until moisture evaporates
- Bring 4-6 quarts of water to the boil, add 2 Tbsp of salt to the water.
- Add the spaghetti and cook for about 8 mins stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Drain the spaghetti but don't rinse.
- Mix the spaghetti with the stir fried mix.