Tasty, healthy Banana Oatmeal muffins with no flour. This is an easy breakfast muffin recipe to make and can easily be adapted to a vegan lifestyle by swapping out the eggs in this recipe with Applesauce.
These oat muffins are particularly easy because all the ingredients are within reach, no fancy stuff and it's made in the blender and poured from the blender into muffin cups. Hello less wash up to do
Banana Oatmeal muffins recipe
These blender oatmeal muffins are made with two of my favorite ingredients, bananas and oatmeal, sweetened with honey and made moist and fluffy with buttermilk.
The addition of white and brown chocolate chips add some extra yumminess to an already delicious breakfast muffin you can skip it to cut down on the calories. The kiddos can easily whip this up and
The coolest part is the that wash up is a breeze. With just my blender to wash and probably my muffin pan common are you kidding me?
Are Banana Oatmeal muffins healthy
These banana oatmeal muffins are actually healthier than most breakfast muffins since they are made without flour. I am not saying that flour is unhealthy but too much of white flour can be unhealthy.
It's particularly If you are gluten free and want to make these banana oatmeal muffins, you totally can make sure to use gluten free oats to make it.
Ingredients needed for banana oatmeal muffins
To make these banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins, you need just
- Very ripe bananas
- Traditional oats (old fashioned rolled oats not steel cut oats)
- Honey or Agave nectar
- Buttermilk (substitute with Greek yoghurt or sour cream)
- Chocolate chips and white chocolate chips (optional)
- Ground Cinnamon ( optional )
How to make Buttermilk at home.
To make buttermilk at home, follow the steps below.
- Get a measuring cup, add a tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to the cup
- Fill the cup with milk up to the 1 cup mark.
- Let it stand for about 5 minutes, the milk will thicken and curdle. Congratulations you've made your very own buttermilk. Use it in any recipe that calls for buttermilk like my fluffy buttermilk pancake recipe.
How to make blender Banana oatmeal muffins with no flour
There are various ways to make banana oatmeal muffins. The basic major ingredients are the oats and bananas. You can either use buttermilk, sour cream, yoghurt regular or Greek yoghurt to add some moisture to the banana oatmeal muffins.
Step by Step photos
Step 1-3; Blend the ingredients together till smooth.
Step 4-6; Pour batter into lined muffin tins and bake to perfection.
How to make these muffins Vegan
You will need to make some ingredient swaps to make this banana oatmeal muffins vegan friendly. Don't worry it's easy to do. See guide below
- Milk: Use plant based milk like Almond milk, Coconut milk or Soy milk. If using buttermilk, add white vinegar or lemon juice to the plant based milk to make some vegan buttermilk. See the section above on how to make it.
- Egg: Swap out eggs for vegan eggs like Just eggs. You can also use ⅓ cup Applesauce per egg. An extra banana would also work well as an egg swap in this recipe. Check out other vegan substitutes for baking here.
- Chocolate chips: Use vegan friendly chocolate chips or leave it out completely.
- Honey: Use Vegan honey substitutes like Agave nectar, Maple syrup, Brown rice syrup etc
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- To make it easier on your blender, blend the liquid ingredients first before adding the oats the blender.
- You can use oat flour for this recipe if you don't want to use your blender. I have used my homemade oat flour for this recipe on many occasions
- Whether you use unblended oats or oat flour, let the mixture stand for 5 minutes to hydrate the oats before baking.
- Sugar free chocolate chips is a good substitute for the chocolate chips in this recipe.
Other Oatmeal and Banana Recipes you should try.
- Banana Bread: Nothing tastes better than homemade moist banana bread. This recipe is so easy and requires one bowl. Love nuts in the mix? This Banana nut bread will definitely blow your mind. Wait! there's more, my banana doughnuts are a winner with even the pickiest of eaters. Vegan? I 've got you, here is the only Vegan banana bread you will need.
- Chocolate Oatmeal: Definitely for all lovers of good food. This breakfast treat isn’t just for chocolate lovers. You will love it too.
- Oats and Honey Granola Bars: Did you know you could make your very own nature valley bars in the comforts of your home. These homemade oatmeal bars are will knock your socks off.
- Soft, Chewy, Oatmeal Cookies: These cookies are chewy and soft and one ingredient makes the difference. You should check it out.
- Healthy Vegan Almond Oats Cookies: These cookies are Chocolatey and made with wholesome ingredients.
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Coming Soon. Sign up to get notified.
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
*This Recipe was first published in March 2018. It has been updated to include a recipe card, new images, more tips, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Banana Oatmeal Muffins in the blender
- 2 medium very ripe bananas cut up
- 2 Cups Traditional Oats
- 6 Tablespoons Honey (6 Tablespoons is equivalent to ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsps. Increase to ¾ cup if you want it sweeter)
- ½ cup buttermilk (substitute with Greek yogurt or sour cream)
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat Oven to 350ºF
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners and spray with baking spray
- Dump all the in all the ingredients into the blender. See Recipe note 1
- Blend till Smooth. Then Pour mix into the 12 lined muffin tins
- Top off with the white and semi sweet chocolate chips
- Bake for 20 mIns or until tester tooth pick comes out clean.
For Your Viewing Pleasure, The image below was the image from when this recipe was first published in 2018.