Are you a porridge lover? Then this Kale Sweet Potato yumminess has your name written all over it. Looking for a quick and easy dinner? Look no further. This dish will be ready before you can say "Jack Robinson" lol..... not really.... but almost lol.
[bctt tweet="Are you a porridge lover? Then this Kale Sweet Potato yumminess has your name written all over it. Get the recipe" username="mydiaspokitch"].
About "Jack Robinson" which is simply a figure of speech that depicts quickness. it brought a funny memory from my secondary school days (high school). Our Principal (Mrs Mowoe ) retired and our new principal happened to be named Mrs Robinson. One of the days when my friends and I were feeling silly, some one was making a comment and mentioned the figure of speech "Jack Robinson" and some one said not only Jack Robinson o. What about Jack Mowoe. LOL.... Come to think of it, it seems so dry right now but it amused our silly' fun loving, carefree, teenage selves back then. It served the purpose of improving the mood of probably a boring Saturday afternoon. Now whats all this talk about Jack Robinson???? I better get back to my recipe for the day... my delicious Kale Sweet Potato Porridge. YUM !!!
Though I am not a die hard fan of sweet potatoes like my kiddos and Mr K, this recipe hit the spot for me. And this I guess is because it can really get boring if you keep eating sweet potatoes as fries. I had totally forgotten about the porridge part because they love the fries. When I decided to make it in a different way, Kale was definitely my choice of green vegetables. I really do love Kale if you are a regular at my kitchen, I am sure you already know that.
While cooking I said to myself, why not make a recipe post of this for the blog. Everyone is looking for quick meals these days and for variety too. It turned out yummy so here is a simple, tasty recipe even the kiddos would love.
Looking for more porridge recipes? Click on the recipes below.
Delicious Kale Sweet Potato porridge
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) Sweet potatoes (Peeled and cut into large cubes)
- 2 Small Onions ( chopped then divided)
- 1 Large Red bell pepper ( chopped)
- ½ Cup Palm oil
- 3 oz Kale vegetable. ( chopped)
- 3 tablespoon coarsely ground crayfish
- salt to taste
- 1 stock cube
- Pour washed and cubed sweet potatoes into a 5 quart pot. Add ½ of chopped onions, crayfish, stock cube and salt
- Pour water into pot up to 2 inches below the level of the sweet potatoes. Put over stove and begin to cook
Begin to make sauce
- Heat up palm oil in saucepan, then pour in the remainder of the chopped onions and stir for about 30 seconds then add the chopped habanero pepper.
- After about a minute, stir in the coarsely chopped Red bell pepper and turn off heat.
Check if the sweet potatoes are done.
- Stir in the sauce, then add the kale vegetable.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Turn off heat.
- Serve hot or warm
I love how detailed you are with your recipes. This makes me want to make sweet potato porridge soon! Looks so yum.
Thanks dear ?