This Easy Peasy Nigerian Jollof Rice Recipe will definitely blow your mind. You just have to believe me. If you have any doubt lingering then I challenge you to try this recipe and you would be thanking me later. I know I am totally trying to make you try it right. ?
s I am also well aware that I posted a party Jollof Rice Recipe just last week but please just humour me and after today hopefully I would keep jollof off your face for a longer while ??. But would you really want that?
Well tomorrow is world Jollof Rice day so I am sharing this special recipe to prepare you for the jollof celebration tomorrow. This rice is made with my roasted bell pepper mix and made in the oven. So all you need is to mix up everything, push into the oven and waka but you have to return about 40 mins later sha, so don't go and sleep o.
So what are the qualities that make jollof rice attain the 'party rice' level
1. It is made for a party.
is cooked by the 'Iya agoyin' women
is cooked on firewood in the back yard ?
s to have a deeper red color than regular home jollof rice
s this unique smoky aroma
s a ginger taste to it.
ice grains are singular meaning they won't stick to each other.
f course it is absolutely De-Li- Ci-Ou-S
Now this rice has all the above qualities except one which happens to be the smoky aroma because this particular version is made in the oven. Not to worry I have the 'authentic' version made on the stove top or should I say semi- authentic since that wasn't made in the back yard with firewood lol.
So please keep this low key ? so your sister doesn't get arrested by the 'Party Jollof Rice' Police. ?
[bctt tweet="What are the qualities of Jollof rice that enables it attain the 'party jollof rice' status?" username="mydiaspokitch"]
Now, this is not to boast or anything close to it. I can proudly say I have mastered the art of cooking jollof rice. Call me the Jollof guru so no need to crack ya brain, just follow the jollof recipes on the blog and you have yourself a 'home run'. Because I absolutely, totally love cooking, each jollof rice turns out even better than the previous one. so my fans (family, friends and customers) tell me... In fact, the sweetest of testimonies is that of my kiddos and kiddos of my friends. My heart just delights in the way they relish this dish. You can only imagine what happens to my heart when Mr K clears his plate.?
So what are you waiting for? Let's get cooking already. ? Please don't keep me hanging cos I am waiting for some of that jollof rice and a feedback would be the icing on the cake.
I would love to hang out with you on Social media.... Like us on Facebook, share your creations with us on Instagram, follow along and pin our recipes on Pinterest. Remember to Subscribe so you never miss a recipe.
PIN FOR LATER
Easy Peasy Jollof Basmati Rice
- 3 cups Basmati rice (Washed thoroughly and drained)
- 1 cup blended roasted red bell pepper- tomato mix
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped for garnishing) optional
- 1 medium red bell pepper (chopped for garnishing) optional
- 2 medium onions (chopped & divided)
- 10 tablespoon Avacado Oil ( or any cooking oil of choice)
- 4-½ cup Home made Chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ tablespoon dry thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 bouillon cubes to taste ( 1 tablespoon bouillon powder)
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat up oil in a sauce pan and sauté ½ of chopped onions and minced garlic till fragrant.
- Stir in the blended roasted pepper mix, add seasoning ( ground ginger, curry powder, dry thyme, ground nutmeg,bouillon powder and/ or salt). Allow cook on medium low heat for about 2 mins. stir continuously to prevent burning.
- Add the meat stock to the sauce, stir, taste for seasoning, adjust accordingly, then turn off heat.
- Transfer washed and drained rice to a roast pan. Pour in the sauce and stir. Taste again for seasoning and adjust accordingly. (it should taste slightly salty don't worry the rice will absorb it and would be just right when cooked.)
- Add the other half of the chopped onions and chopped red and green bell peppers (if using). Stick in the bay leaf.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, place on the lower rack of the oven and cook for 40 mins or until all the moisture has been absorbed.
- Check for doneness. if rice is cooked, turn off the oven and leave rice covered in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Bring out from oven and fluff out with your wooden spatula.
- Serve with Chicken, moi moi, plantains and salad.