As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Lemon blueberry pancakes for the win. This pancake is a winner anytime in my book. I may be biased because I love lemon flavored desserts but you’ve got to try this to get the gist. It’s very easy to make just like my buttermilk pancakes but with this recipe you cuddle the milk with fresh lemon juice and then add some lemon flavor.
The blueberries make everything even more delightfully tasty. Blueberries and lemons are definitely a match made in heaven. When you douse these pancakes with maple syrup or even regular pancake syrup…. that’s pure sweet decadence. I apologize but this is just too good to resist.This lemon + blueberries in these pancakes is a match made in heaven..... My goodness. I know I said that already. Pardon me but you have to try this out to understand. Click To Tweet
This lemon + blueberries in these pancakes is a match made in heaven….. My goodness. I know I said that already. Pardon me but you have to try this out to understand.
If you love lemon flavored stuff like I do then you definitely have to try out this lemon loaf cake I made some time ago. It was so moist and delicious.
Won’t you love to have this for breakfast? I can hear you scream yes please lol. Let’s get cooking.
OR Get weekly recipes sent to your inbox for FREE. Consider joining our cooking club. It’s FREE too. See you there!
Lemon blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbs salted butter melted
- 1 Large egg ( beaten)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- I/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Fresh or frozen blueberries ( see note 1)
- Pour milk in a cup add 2 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add sugar, baking powder and baking soda to a bowl and set aside
- Pour in the milk and lemon mixture into the flour mix
- Pour in the melted butter, beaten egg, lemon flavor and lemon rind into the batter. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in the blueberries
- Heat up your griddle or fry pan. Spray on the cooking spray.
- Scoop batter with a quarter cup pour into the griddle (my griddle takes 4 scoops at a go)
- Fry on medium low heat until you see bubbles coming up takes a bout a minute.
- Flip over with your pancake flipper. Turn off heat and allow second side cook with residual heat from the griddle.
- Remove pancake and repeat process till the batter is finished.
- Enjoy with any syrup you like.
- You can either use fresh blueberries or frozen ones. I prefer using washed fresh blueberries because they are not all mushy. if you use frozen blueberries, remember to thaw it a bit before use.
- After the first batch, I like to use paper towel to wipe my griddle.if you don't do that you find that when you spray the pan for the second batch, the grease will be brown because of the mix with the residue from the first batch (sort of like burnt oil) and it makes your second batch have the tendency to burn.
- Turning off the heat after you flip the pancake helps the pancake cook without burning.