Oats and Honey granola bars are my son's absolute favorite. It's back to school time and time for packed school lunch and snacks right?
These bars are easy to make and takes little time to whip up. And totally tastes like Nature valley brand Oats and Honey granola bar you get in store.
I won't deny the fact that I totally love these bars as well because they are so good and I looove oats in any form lol. I will be making a low carb and sugar free version soon over at chichiuguru.com so stay tuned.
Before I started making granola bars I thought it was a big task and that it was difficult to make. Naaah I was so wrong.. it's so easy to make you will get hooked.
How did I start making granola? My son and my second daughter are obsessed with nature valley honey and oats granola bars and I wasn't about to spend all my earnings in granola bars. Going by my love for oats You all know I always have traditional oats at home. So I decided to start experimenting. I found this recipe online which i eventually adapted to my taste and voila honey and oats granola bar making has been on the high in my home.
- Chocolate oatmeal porridge
- Oatmeal chocolate ice pops
- Brown sugar- cinnamon oatmeal porridge
Why I love these Oats and Honey Granola Bars
- They are delicious
- They are easy to make
- They are an easy snack to put in the kiddos lunch box.
- They can be easily adapted to any flavor of choice. Think peanut butter, cranberry chocolote chip granola bars.
- You can make them ahead and store.
How to make Oats & Honey granola bars
This granola bar is in between crunchy and chewy like the original and All you need to make these yummy Oats and Honey granola bars are probably already stocked up in your pantry. And they are:
- Traditional oats
- Oat flour (don't have some you can make yours)
- Brown Sugar ( don't have some too? You can make yours )
- Honey ( sorry you can't make yours ?)
- Cooking Oil
See? You probably already have all these in your pantry so let's get started.
Other healthy bars to try
PIN! PIN! PIN!
Oats and Honey Granola Bar
- 2 cups Traditional Oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- 5 Tbsp Honey
- 6 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Coconut oil or Oil of choice
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Then add the wet ingredients and mix till well combined.
- Transfer to a 9 by 9 sq pan and press firmly
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins in the preheated oven.
- Allow to cool for 4 mins then score it deeply with a bench cutter so that when it cools completely it won't break apart when cutting