Pineapple ice cream is the perfect Tropical dessert that has summer written all over it. A homemade no churn ice cream that requires just 3 main ingredients and can be made dairy free when made without cream. If you have been scoring the web searching for 'pineapple ice cream near me' this is the time to gather your ingredients and let me show you how to make it in easy steps. No eggs and no ice machine needed I promise just your blender and mixer
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Pineapple Ice cream made of?
- 2 Why you should be making this Pineapple Ice cream Recipe.
- 3 Ingredients list for this easy fruit ice cream recipe
- 4 How to make Pineapple Ice cream with step by step photos.
- 5 Pineapple Ice cream topping
- 6 Orange Pineapple Ice cream
- 7 Quick Recipe Notes and Tips.
- 8 Other Fruit Ice cream Recipes we love
- 9 Homemade Pineapple Ice-cream
What is Pineapple Ice cream made of?
You guessed right! Pineapples and cream. I am not talking about grilled pineapple and ice cream which is a yummy topping, but I am taking of everything mixed together in one bowl of sweetness.
You have an option to make it dairy free by using coconut milk and coconut cream. That would be Pina colada in the making and that recipe my friends is for another blog post.
If you want a tropical twist to your ice cream this summer then you are in the right company with this tropical fruit ice cream.
Why you should be making this Pineapple Ice cream Recipe.
Who needs a reason to make ice cream? Just in case you are wondering if this homemade pineapple ice cream is worth your time, let me give you a gentle nudge in the right direction with the following reasons
- It￼'s a cold sweet treat and it's hot outside. Hello summer!
- Besides pineapples (which are in season by the way), you only need 3 other ingredients which you probably have in your fridge and pantry.
- No ice cream machine needed yay!! If you are curious I still haven't bought an ice cream maker though I am seriously itching to get one. You all know I am a kitchen gadgets .... fill in the blanks. You know you should pat me on the back for not having one yet.
- You would love the smiles popping up on some little faces around you.
- And finally, just because you can!
Hopefully I have convinced you to give this recipe a go and put a smile on your face and that of the kiddos with this summer delight. I have lots of no churn ice cream recipes on the blog and they are super easy to make. The kiddos would also love to help.
Ingredients list for this easy fruit ice cream recipe
- Fresh or canned Pineapple
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Pineapple extract
- Vanilla extract which is optional but if you want a pineapple vanilla ice cream variation, then don't leave it out.
- Want to more concentrated yellow, a drop or two of yellow food coloring or a pinch of ground turmeric will do that for you.
How to make Pineapple Ice cream with step by step photos.
This is an overview of the recipe. Full printable recipe and instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Pic 1-3; cut the pineapple into chunks, blend to form a purée. Cook the purée till it thickens and reduces to about half it's size.
Pic 4-5; whip the heavy cream until medium to stiff peaks form.
Pic 6-8; Mix the purée, whipped cream and condensed milk together till incorporated.
Pic 9-12; Pour ice cream into an ice cream bowl, cover with cling film and freeze for up to 6 hrs. Enjoy.
Pineapple Ice cream topping
You can top your ice cream with whatever makes you happy. I usually top mine with a magic shell which is simple chocolate melted with coconut oil or shortening.
Grilled pineapple or pineapple chunks cooked in syrup works perfectly. What about some some toasted coconut flakes? Yum!
Orange Pineapple Ice cream
This is a variation of this pineapple desert. The recipe usually calls for orange juice concentrate and pineapples. Occasionally I have used orange flavored gelatin. It sure tastes yummy (recipe will be posted in due course)
Other variations include Pineapple vanilla Ice cream and pina colada ice cream.
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips.
- Ripe sweet pineapples work best. If they are not in season, you can use store bought canned pineapple. If using that, discard the syrup or juice in the can.
- If possible blend pineapple chunks without water to reduce the length of time needed to cook down the purée.
- Most fruit based ice cream recipes have the tendency to become icy because of water in the fruit. To prevent this, let the cling film touch the surface of the ice cream so there is no space between the ice cream and the cling film
- Be careful not to over whip the heavy cream other wise you would be making butter. If that does happen, you can fix it by adding more in whipped cream and whip gently till it blends right in.
Other Fruit Ice cream Recipes we love
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Hungry For More? Sign up for my Newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook for the latest updates!
Homemade Pineapple Ice-cream
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ of a medium pineapple cut in cubes (approx. 2.5 cups fresh or about 3 cans pineapple chunks)
- a drop Yellow food color (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Pineapple flavor
- Put the bowl of your mixer and the whisk attachment in the freezer to chill for at least 30mins
- Blend pineapple till smooth with about ¼ cup of water (see note 2)
- Transfer pineapple purée to a sauce pan and cook until the pineapple reduces in size to about ½ a cup. Set pineapple purée aside to cool.
- Bring out your bowl and whisk from the freezer, pour cold heavy cream. Whip till soft peaks form then turn off the mixer.
- Mix the pineapple flavor, yellow food color, pineapple purée and sweetened condensed milk thoroughly, then fold the puree mixture into the whipped cream
- Transfer to an ice cream bowl or loaf pan and cover with a seran wrap and freeze for 4 - 8hrs.
- Enjoy with melted chocolate, magic shell or coconut shavings.
- You can leave out the core of the pineapple and use only the soft part
- Leave water out if using a food processor or a strong blender.
This is so good! I loved it. I am thinking of making a Pina colada ice cream using this recipe as a base. Do you have one?
Thank you for letting me know. We love it around here as well. I haven’t made a pina colada ice cream yet. You bet it’s on my list. Thank you for reminding me.
Yes this recipe should work as a base for it. Be sure to sign for my newsletter so you know when I post the Pina Colada ice cream. Stay safe and well.
Such a brilliant and easy way to go! Loved putting this together. It's delicious! Thank you for sharing
That’s awesome. Thank you for letting me know and you are very welcome. Hope you get to try out my other no churn ice cream recipes on the blog I have lots of them. Stay safe and well.
PS: you can check my mango ice cream video tutorial on YouTube. Please don’t forget to subscribe and share with your family & friends if you love the video. (It’s free) Thank you!