An easy no churn mango ice cream recipe for mango lovers and non lovers alike. Quit searching for the best mango ice cream near me on the web and get your tools together and let me show you how to make this easy fruit ice cream in ice cream no ice cream machine needed. Make sure to watch the video to put it all in perspective.
Mango Ice cream Recipe
Where are my mango lovers? This creamy dessert will surely delight your taste buds. Be sure to check out my velvety smooth mango juice recipe. It’s a keeper.
Making homemade ice cream with the right type of mango makes all the difference. Read along and find our the best mangoes for the perfect ice cream.
- Heavy cream
- Condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Yellow food color or Turmeric powder ( this is optional add it if you want a more vibrant yellow color)
How to make Mango ice cream
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Full recipe instructions can be found at the bottom of the page.
Steps 1-3; Cut up the mango flesh, purée with a blender, then cook the mango till it thickens reduces to about . Turn off heat, set aside to cool.
Steps 4-6; Whip the cold heavy cream till medium to stiff peaks form.
Steps 7-9; Add ‘cooled down’ mango purée to whipped heavy cream, add sweetened condensed milk, salt and vanilla extract. Mix to combine
Steps 10-12; Transfer into an ice cream bowl, cover with cling film and freeze.
Calories in mango ice cream
Calories in mango ice cream will depend on the ingredients used to make the ice cream. Based on the ingredients used here, this recipe has 8 servings which amounts to 318 calories per serving.
How to pick a ripe Mango or How to pick a mango generally.
It’s important to note that judging mangoes by color doesn’t indicate the mangoes are ripe. Some mangoes are green but ripe others may become yellow or reddish when they are ripe. Below are a few tips to help you pick the right mango.
- Do not focus on color, focus on feel
- Ripe mangoes with be firm but not squishy. It will give a light yield when squeezed.
- Ripe mangoes usually have a fruity aroma around the stems.
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- Use mangos that are ripe but firm not squishy. Those may yield a more watery mango purée and may add more liquid to your ice cream making it more icy.
- Try to blend the mangoes as smooth as possible with a good blender to help breakdown the fibers in the mango this will reduce the chances of finding those fibers in your dessert
- Cover ice cream with the cling film touching the surface of the ice cream to reduce chances of a freezer burn making the ice cream more icy.
- Coloring your mango ice cream is optional. If using yellow food color, mix it in with the sweetened condensed milk. If using turmeric powder, add it while blending the diced mango.
- You can make mango milkshake with mango ice cream.
Other Recipes with mango
- Mango juice
- Mango cheese cake (recipe coming soon)
- Mango Salad
- Mango Lassi
If you love this Recipe, you would love these other fruit ice cream recipes
- Strawberry Ice cream: The most intense flavored strawberry ice cream you will ever make.
- Blueberry Ice cream: blueberries taste amazing in ice cream did you know that?
- Pineapple Ice cream: so so yummy!
- Avocado Ice cream: Oh yes Avocado is a fruit!
- Avocado chocolate ice cream
- Ube ice cream: Ok! Ok! I know Ube is not a fruit but this ice cream is sooo so good 🙈
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Homemade Mango Ice cream
- hand mixer
- ice cream bowl
- cling film
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ to 1 Tbsp vanilla extract optional
- ⅛ tsp salt.
- Wash mangoes and dice into cubes. Blend without water till smooth. Pour puree into skillet and Cook on medium heat till it thickens and reduces to about ½ it’s original quantity. Set it aside to cool.
- Whip cold heavy cream till medium to soft peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract and salt to sweetened condensed milk and mix to combine. Add cooled mango purée and condensed milk mix to whipped heavy cream.
- Fold in to combine. Pour into an ice cream container. Seal with food safe plastic wrap and cover. Freeze for up to 8 hrs. Enjoy.