As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This Mango Juice has every thing good going in it’s flavor… PUN intended. It’s velvety, smooth and rich tasting, with Vibrant colors. Its creaminess…
It’s delicious, with a very vibrant color, Sugar free, creamy and full of mangolicious ( that’s my son’s input ) goodness. I don’t make mango juice often not because I don’t like it. In fact I do but Mango isn’t one of my hubby’s favorite fruits. He won’t touch anything Mango.
As much as possible I try to make recipes everyone in the family can enjoy together so mango juice homemade or store bought isn’t a popular feature on our dinner table.
Talking about store bought mango juice. There is a particular brand I love which is super creamy and vibrant like this homemade one. Though delicious I find too sweet. Thanks to the sugar load in it.
This homemade version is sweet but not too sweet. It packs the punch of well ripened mangoes natural sweetness.. If you find it not sweet enough, you can sweeten it a bit with honey syrup, see how to make honey syrup in my pineapple juice post or a sugar free syrup ( syrup made with a sweetener like erythritol) feel free to use sugar syrup if that’s your preference
To be honest, these days I try to reduce the amount of sugar we take at home especially where a good sugar substitute wouldn’t affect the outcome of the recipe. Like in the case of fruit juices.
Mango juice has some great benefits. Of which I know you would be delighted to know.
Benefits of Mango Juice
- Mango juice can help keep you health of course it contains loads of vitamins.
- Mango juice is said to help prevent anaemia by boosting haemoglobin production.
- It is said to be good for the eyes because of it contains a high quantity of vit A.
- Aids digestion.
- Helps improve your skin.
Yesterday we went grocery shopping and the fruity mango aroma coming from the fruit aisle tormented me all through my grocery shopping so when my Ada said she wanted mango I didn’t bother telling her mango wasn’t in our shopping list lol. I shamelessly asked her and her sibs to pick the firm ones because the mushy ones won’t make a good snack or juice.
So there you have it, the story behind our velvety Smooth mango juice. You can eat the strawberries with it or just ignore them. They are just there for the pop of color and because my toddler wanted it ?
What’s your favorite fruit juice? I would love to know. Drop your response in the comments below. Would love to read from you.
PIN RECIPE FOR LATER
Velvety Smooth Mango Juice
- 5 ripe but firm mangoes
- 5 cups of ice cold water or more ( this depends on how thick you want the juice to be )
- Wash mangoes thoroughly
- With a knife, peel the skin off the mangoes
- Then cut off the sides to make it easier to get the seed out.
- Cut into cubes
- Put in a blender with the water and blend till smooth.
- To prevent possible stomach upset, make sure the mangoes and not over ripe and mushy. They should be ripe but firm.
- I am Usually happy with the texture with 5 cups of water but if you want the texture lighter and more watery, you may need to add more water. If you add more water then the need to add extra sweetness like honey syrup may arise.
- If you are using immediately and you don't have ice cubes to serve with, blend with ice cold water other wise room temp water is fine just pop juice in the refrigerator to chill before serving.
- This juice can stay up to a week in the refrigerator.