Make this Brazilian lemonade recipe this summer and enjoy the taste of condensed milk and tart limes. Yes you heard me right limes. This is a special kind of lemonade that doesn’t need lemons in it. Still surprised? Close your dropped jaw and read along and find out what Brazilian lemonade or limeade is and how to make it.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Brazilian Lemonade?
- 2 Why is this called a Brazilian lemonade recipe and not Brazilian limeade.
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 How to make Brazilian Lemonade
- 5 How to make Brazillian Lemonade Recipe with coconut.
- 6 Other lifestyles that this Recipe can be adapted to.
- 7 Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- 8 Other drink recipes to try
- 9 Brazilian Lemonade or Limeade Recipe
What is Brazilian Lemonade?
Brazilian lemonade or Limeade is a popular non alcoholic drink sold in most Brazilian restaurants in Brazil and like many other popular ethnic foods, thankfully has made it’s way to the rest of the world.
Meaning you don’t have to Travel to Brazil to enjoy this drink since you can make it all year round in your own kitchen.
Why is this called a Brazilian lemonade recipe and not Brazilian limeade.
You may be curious as to why this is called a lemonade since there are no lemons in it. I think it’s because of the language of the people from which this recipe originated.
Brazilian speak Portuguese. I found that though lime is called Lima in Portuguese, it’s also called Limao which is also what lemon is called.
I would assume that’s why this recipe is called Brazillian lemonade.
- Limes or lime juice
- Condensed milk
How to make Brazilian Lemonade
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Full printable recipe can be found at the bottom of the page.
Pic 1-3; Put washed and quartered limes into a blender, add water and sugar
Pic 4-6; Add condensed milk and pl
How to make Brazillian Lemonade Recipe with coconut.
If you can’t tolerate dairy or you live a vegan lifestyle, you can make this recipe without condensed milk by simply swapping out the condensed milk with coconut milk or condensed coconut milk. (Condensed coconut milk is made by cooking down coconut milk in sugar to a thickened consistency.)
Other lifestyles that this Recipe can be adapted to.
- Sugar free: Swap out the sugar with a sugar free sweetener like the So Nourished sugar free sweeteners Erythritol or Monkfruit-Erythritol Blend. Make sure to use LCHEALTHCLUB10 to get 10% off your purchase.
- Keto: Swap out the sugar for a sugar free sweetener as indicated above, then swap out the condensed milk for heavy cream or keto sweetened condensed milk made by cooking down a mix of heavy cream and sweetener to s thickened consistency.
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- This Recipe is made with unpeeled limes. Make sure to wash and scrub the limes thoroughly.
- Though this has sugar and sweetened condensed milk in it there is a slight bitter taste to it from the lime rind. It’s not overwhelming but kids may not like it. To make it more kid friendly, instead of blending whole limes, use lime juice and a bit of zest (optional).
- Depending on your Personal preference, You can always adjust the sugar in this recipe upwards or downwards.
- Skip the sugar and increase the quantity of condensed milk to 1 full can to make it creamier.
Other drink recipes to try
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Click here to pin this recipe for later.
Brazilian Lemonade or Limeade Recipe
- Fine mesh Sieve or Nutmilk bag
Whole lime fruit method
- 4 lime fruits (washed and cut into quarters)
- 6 cups Cold water
- ¾ cup Granulayed Sugar
- ½ cup Sweetened Condensed milk
- Ice to serve
For lime juice method
- ½ cup Unsweetened lime juice
- 5 cups Cold water
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Sweetened condensed milk
- Ice to serve
Making it with lime fruit
- Put the quartered lime fruits into the jar of the blender, add water and sugar
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and blend using the pulse function about 3 or 4 times do not blend till smooth
- Pour blended mixture into a sieve or nut bag and sieve our the juice. Serve immediately over ice.
Making it with lime juice
- Pour lime juice and water, sugar and condensed milk into blender and blend to combine. Using the blender helps to mix in the condensed milk properly.