As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
This Pineapple juice is free of refined sugars and is a delicious way to stay refreshed during the summer months. What could be more fun than to usher in the summer than with a chilled glass of this refreshing pineapple juice that’s also full of antioxidants.
Homemade Pineapple Juice Recipe
Pineapple juice is made by juicing fresh pineapples. Pineapples are a delicious fruit. Loaded with multivitamins.
They are naturally sweet especially when very ripe. The honey syrup used in this recipe takes the sweetness up a notch and gives the juice a nice flavor. You can skip it as pineapples are already sweet as it is.
How to choose the right pineapple for homemade juice.
To be honest I really don’t know if this method works 100% but I usually go by the sweet smell of the pineapples.
When it’s a bit soft and yellowish with that sweet smell, then it’s perfect for juicing but if it’s more green, firm and not so sweet smelling I don’t buy those.
But if I find that my smell trick didn’t work, my honey syrup comes to the rescue 😀
Ingredients needed to make honey Pineapple juice.
- Ripe pineapple
How to make Pineapple Juice at home
The amount of ingredients needed and full instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is just a run down.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- then wash the whole pineapple to ensure there are no dirt particles.
- Wash you bowl, utensils and blender cup.
- Prepare the honey syrup and set aside to cool.
- Wipe down the counter surface. Now you can peel the skin of the pineapple and cut it up into cubes.
- Transfer cut up pineapple to the blender. Add the honey syrup and blend till smooth.
- Chill for up to 1 hr before serving.
How to store homemade Pineapple juice
Homemade juices do not contain preservatives, therefore best consumed within 24 hrs or a max of 48 hrs ( 2 days).
It tastes better fresh and there is less risk of Bacterial contamination. You can freeze homemade juices for up to a month.
Is Pineapple Juice good for you?
Definitely, pineapple juice is good for you but in moderation because of its high sugar content.
Like any other foods high in sugar (natural sugar or refined) pineapples should be taken in moderation. A cup ( 8 oz ) of pineapple juice every other day or every other two days healthier than a cup or two daily.
Can I drink pineapple juice everyday?
No dear friend it’s not a healthy habit to indulge in pineapple juice daily 😊 for the reason stated above.
To put things in perspective, a cup of unsweetened pineapple juice has 128 calories, 25mg of vit C, 31.4g of Sugar, 33mg of calcium and 30mg of magnesium.
Imagine having 31.4g of sugar getting into your body daily only from juice, what happens when you eat other meals that contain sugar in traces. It all adds up.
The sugar in Pineapple juice is classified as natural sugar but the human body reacts to natural sugar abs refined sugar in that same way. To the body sugar is sugar.
Health Benefits of Pineapple juice.
Homemade Pineapple juice has loads of benefits.
1. Anti inflammatory properties
Pineapples are the only major dietary source of Bromelain an enzyme with anti inflammatory properties. It seems to work by triggering the body to produce substances that fight pain and reduce swelling.
Bromelain is found in all parts of the pineapple but is more concentrated in the core.
2. Aids digestion
Pineapple juice is speculated to aid digestion. Reduces bloating and constipation. Bromelain is also credited here since it helps to break down proteins faster.
3. Boosts the immune system and improves Heart Health.
Because of its high vitamin C content, Pineapple juice can improve heart health and reduce the incidence of cataracts.
4. Promotes healthy skin
It’s high vit c content takes care or the skin
5. Anti Cancer properties
Bromelain is said to have some cancer fighting properties like in this study. It also contains Beta carotene which is also being researched for cancer prevention.
Love homemade juices? Check out these other delicious juices. The mango juice is out of this world 😎
Did you find this recipe helpful? Share the blog post with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.
Guess what? I am deliciously sipping on a glass of this summer delight and I think it’s only fair you make yours so we can lift up our glasses in cheer.
Click here to pin this pineapple juice recipe for later
★ Did you make this recipe? Awesome! Please rate it by clicking the stars ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ below!
REFRESHING HONEY PINEAPPLE JUICE
For honey syrup
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 medium sized pineapple (washed, peeled and cut up into chunks for blending)
- 12 cups of water ( divided )
- In a saucepan, bring water to boil then stir in the honey.
- Allow to cook until honey is fully dissolved
- Turn off heat and set aside to cool
- Blend the pineapple with 6 cups of water till smooth
- Pour the pineapple purée into the nut bag and squeeze out all the juice
- Pour the rest of the water into the bag with the pulp and squeeze some more.
Bringing it all together
- Mix the honey syrup with pineapple juice
- Transfer into a pitcher and refrigerate for at least an hour
- Or serve immediately over ice