This Marble ice cream is so pretty and creamy it will delight any guest at any celebration. Today's theme would certainly wow your friends on your 4th of July cook out. Follow your heart and let your theme determine your choice of colors.
Now, Marble ice cream is so easy to make don't let the beauty of it all lead you into thinking it's not. In fact it's super easy to make and I will show you how. The technique is pretty much like how I make my marble cakes but not to worry I will walk you through it again.
By now if you are frequent reader of my blog, you would notice I love colors. Colors delight my soul, they make me happy. So getting colors into anything ok not everything but almost will get me excited.
How to make marble ice cream
- Get your base vanilla ice cream I used my homemade no churn vanilla ice cream get the recipe here. It's always best to start with a light colored ice cream.
- Based on your theme Get your edible food colors ( I know I said edible and food, I want to over emphasize it)
- You will need bowls for mixing the colors. The number of bowls needed depends on the number of colors you want to use. I suggest you stick to a maximum of 3 colors so your marbled ice cream won't look confused?
Can you see how easy it is to recreate this yummy decadent bowl of deliciousness in your kitchen? My guess is that you have. In that case, let's get started.
Wait a sec, If you love colors as much as I do then I know these recipes below will delight you and inspire you.
PS: Did you try a recipe from the blog?, please share it using the hashtag #mydiasporakitchen or by tagging @mydiasporakitchen on INSTAGRAM! Follow My Diaspora Kitchen on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Easy Marble Ice cream
- 1 tub of vanilla ice cream I used my no churn vanilla ice cream
- Red food color
- Blue food color
- Divide ice cream into 3 portions
- Color 1 portion blue and the 2nd portion red
- Leave the 3rd portion as it is.
- In an ice cream bowl put the color free layer first then put the red colored ice cream on one side and the blue colored ice cream on the other
- With a plastic table knife or skewer, gently make an swirl (s-like movement) to slightly mix up the colors as seen in the process shots in the blog post.
- Be careful not to over mix so you don't ruin the colors
- Freeze ice cream for 4-8 hrs
- Enjoy with as is or with any topping of your choice.
- It is important to put the red and blue colors on opposite directions so that when you make your swirl the red and blue dint mix directly to create the color purple.
- Ice cream can lose its texture if melted and refrozen for this reason I prefer homemade ice cream either the no churn or ice cream maker version. If you must use store bought you have to act quickly. As soon as the melts to a soft serve consistency, mix in the colors and serve immediately