Cinnamon roll cookies!! That cinnamony brown sugar goodness you love in homemade cinnamon rolls is right here in your cookies yay!!! A recipe for cinnamon roll cookies that is easy to make and tastes so good you would love so much. Make sure to make you more batches because they finish so fast. These cookies store very well and can make great Christmas gifts.
Table of Contents
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Cinnamon roll cookies are a type of pinwheel cookies. I have a Christmas pinwheel cookie recipe on the blog so be sure to check that out too, you will love the colors.
Pinwheels are cookies that are rolled to form a pinwheel design. It can be made with a filling like the ones shared in this recipe or made by using different colors of cookie dough like in my Christmas pinwheel cookies. Are you are looking for more festive cookies to try? You should try these easy raspberry thumbprint cookies they are amazing!
Don't be overwhelmed dear friend by the complicated appearance of these cinnamon roll cookies. This is the easiest recipe for cinnamon roll cookies, so don't fret.
The thing here is more of the technique than the cookie dough itself. You can use any sugar cookie dough that you are comfortable with. A cookie dough that can be rolled easily without cracks.
I usually use my best sugar cookie recipe for this. I haven't tried the short bread dough for this cinnamon roll cookies but I think it will work.
These cinnamon roll cookies can easily customize to any celebration by using the colors of that celebration as the filling. You simply swap the brown sugar and cinnamon mix with colored sanding sugar like I did with the Christmas cookies below.
Just like the traditional cinnamon rolls, which has a yeast based dough and a cinnamon and brown sugar filling which is then rolled up into a log and sliced up then baked. These cinnamon roll cookies follow the same technique. The bread is the cookie dough and the filling is the same brown sugar and Cinnamon.
This Post May Contain Affiliate Links!
- A nice rolling pin with adjustable measurement rings to ensure you get evenly rolled Cookies.
- Rolling Pin Rings. If you already have a rolling pin like this one. You can buy these rolling pin rings.
As you can see, these are easier to make than you thought. Hope you would be giving these a try soon. And if you do, don't forget to Leave a comment below so we can hear all about it.
Loved this recipe? Share with family and friends and in your favorite Facebook group.
★ DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? AWESOME! PLEASE RATE IT BY CLICKING THE STARS ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ BELOW
Easy Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 1 Cup 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy,
- Add the vanilla extract and beat in the egg.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix till dough comes together.
- Divide dough into two and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside
- After 2 hrs, bring out dough and roll into a 10 by 10 inch square brush the surface lightly with egg white or water then spread some brown sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly on the surface.
- Roll up tightly, wrap in a plastic wrap again and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Repeat process for second dough.
Baking the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Get the dough logs out of the refrigerator, slice the dough into quarter inch circles.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 mins
- Allow to cool. Enjoy