Native Jollof Rice or Iwuk Edesi is a delicious ...
Coffee Ice cream! Yes please! Coffee and cream? I am in! Make this easy and tasty coffee ice cream that’s an off shoot from my Tiktok Dalgona coffee copy cat recipe. I like to call it Dalgona coffee ice cream because that’s what it is. This is one of the easiest coffee desserts to make. Hang with me and I will show you exactly how I make it, step by step pictures included.
Coffee Ice cream with Dalgona coffee
Friends, I know i just posted an ice cream recipe last week. I am so sorry, I had to post this today to celebrate national ice cream day yayy! Did you know that national ice cream day is on the 3rd sunday in July every year? Well it is, and who doesn't love a nice scoop of ice cream? Yet to meet that person.
Coffee flavored desserts are one of my favorite ways to indulge. I would have you know that I am not much of a coffee fan but I love a hint of coffee in my cakes, cookies and hot chocolate mix. To be honest, it tastes absolutely divine.
Coffee and chocolate or coffee and cream is a delicious way to enjoy coffee. When i made dalgona coffee the very first time. I decided it would taste even more delicious in ice cream form and that’s when I made this dalgona ice cream for the first time and this has been the only way I make my coffee ice cream.
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee also known as whipped coffee is just that, whipped coffee. It a beverage made by whopping equal amounts of instant coffee, sugar and hot or warm water till it thickens and forms stiff peaks like whipped cream. Then it is served over hot or cold milk.
Dalgona coffee has been around in Indian but is called Beaten coffee. It is made the same way and served the same way although sometimes milk is poured over the whipped coffee instead of vice versa.
Like Pancake Cereal, Dalgona Coffee was trending on the web during the lock down. It was one of the recipes that went viral during that period thanks to Tiktok. It was also named the ‘quarantine drink’.
The name Dalgona was derived from a Korean sweet that’s made from brown sugar and baking soda.
If you are a coffee lover, you need to check out this luscious coffee dessert, that's Dalgona coffee. It’s literally coffee cream. Even non-coffee fans love it. Looking for sugar free dalgona coffee? Check out this sugar free dalgona coffee recipe!
Making Coffee with cream ice cream requires a few ingredients which doesn’t include eggs. Yay for my peeps with egg allergies. This dalgona coffee ice cream is so easy to make let’s check out the ingredients we need;
- Instant Coffee (I like to use decaffeinated) If Caffeinated is what you prefer, this is a nice one
- Granulated Sugar
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened Condensed milk
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Coffee Ice cream with cream
*This is a overview of the recipe with step by step instructions. Full recipe instructions can be found in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this page. For any ice cream my trusty no churn vanilla ice cream is always my ice cream base and this recipe is no different.
Pic 1-3; mix sugar, instant coffee and water
Pic 4-6; Whip till stiff peaks form.
Pic 7-9; Add whipped coffee to sweetened condensed milk and mix
Pic 10-12; Whip heavy cream till medium to stiff peaks form.
Pic 13-15; Fold in the whipped coffee and condensed milk mix into the whipped heavy cream. Pour into an ice cream bowl, cover with cling film and freeze for up to 8 hrs.
Other Ice cream recipes to try
- Vanilla Ice cream: You can never go wrong with vanilla ice cream. This no churn ice cream is so luscious and tastes so good.
- Chocolate Ice cream: For the Chocolate lovers our there. According to Ursula Kohaupt, ‘Chocolate is the happiness you can eat’
- Cookies and cream Ice cream: Having the best of both worlds in one bowl is so cool right?
- Neapolitan Ice cream: If having the best of both worlds is cool, what would you say about having the best of 3 worlds? Heavenly?
- Birthday cake ice cream: Loaded with sprinkles of fun!
- Avocado Ice cream: Unbelievably delicious and ‘healthy-ish’
- Ube Ice cream: Have you tried my Ube Ice cream yet?
- Mango Ice cream: All mango lovers get in here 😋 You need to make this ice cream before mangoes go out of season.
- Check out all my No churn Ice cream recipes!
Quick Recipe Notes and Tips
- For a more intense coffee flavored ice cream use two tablespoon each of instant coffee, sugar and water to make your dalgona coffee.
- You can decide to use your dalgona coffee as a topping for your vanilla Ice cream instead of mixing it in to the whole ice cream like l did.
- If you are looking to make mocha ice cream, mix dalgona coffee with chocolate ice cream.
- Make sure to whip the dalgona coffee to stiff peaks.
- When you mix the dalgona coffee with the sweetened condensed milk, cover with cling film to prevent a skin from forming while while whipping the heavy cream. Or you can decide to whip the cream first.
- Because the dalgona coffee has water in it, the ice cream may freeze more solid than my other no churn ice cream recipes. Not to worry, it gets scoopable in less than 3 minutes.
- Use decaffeinated coffee if you want to share this with the kids.
Did you enjoy this recipe or found it helpful, please leave me a comment and share the link to this recipe with family and friends and in your favorite facebook group.
Coffee Ice cream (Dalgona Coffee Ice cream).
For Dalgona coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
For Ice cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt.
Make the dalgona coffee.
- Add instant coffee and sugar to a cup, mix, then add water , mix till well combined.
- Whip coffee mix till stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract and salt to condensed milk and mix, then gently mix in the dalgona Coffee.
- Cover with cling film and set aside.
Whip the cream.
- Whip heavy cream till medium to stiff peaks form.
Assembling it all:
- Fold in the dalgona coffee and condensed milk mix into the whipped heavy cream till well incorporated. Pour into an ice cream bowl, cover with cling film and freeze for up to 6 hrs. Enjoy
- The ice cream may come out a bit hard, leave it out on the counter for about 2 mins before serving. See more tips in the body of post.