This post may contain Affiliate links, please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Vanilla ice cream….Hmmm… Ice cream who doesn’t love ice cream. That creamy yummy chilled goodness. What’s there not to love. It’s a new month and summer is fast approaching.
And vanilla? How vain can it get.?
Well this should have been my first ice cream post but I decided not to humour vanilla. As in ‘what is vanilla feeling like sef’ don’t mind my bad bells but vanilla is bae. Not her fault jor?
Vanilla is the most common flavor around and is used in almost anything yummy. It’s a ‘can’t go wrong flavor’ .
If you are making a desert for a group of people and you are not sure what their choices are, vanilla is your best bet.
This recipe will serve as a base for all the ice cream we will be making in this ‘no churn’ series.
I will let you in on a secret shhhh….. ?? You don’t need an ice cream maker for this. That’s actually what the ‘No Churn’ stands for. Not a secret right? Lol.
You will be needing an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer except you have super speed like the flash in the TV series with the same name. I totally love that show.
Anyway the reason I get excited making this no churn ice cream is because I am an unapologetic kitchen equipment junkie ? and I am totally proud of myself that I haven’t given in to the urge to get an ice cream maker because with this ice cream, who needs an ice cream maker.
But if you want to make the kind of ice cream that requires the use of custard ( egg and milk cooked and cooled) you definitely will be needing an ice cream maker.
This recipe is easily adaptable and as summer is well on its way. Frozen treats will be an absolute delight for you and your family.
Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any of these creamy goodness series as I will be sharing a lot of no churn Ice cream variations as the days roll by. Enjoy ?
For now let me keep working on saving myself some bucks. Hope I don’t give in tomorrow ??.
Hope you get to try this easy recipe. If you make this recipe tag @mtdiasporakitchen on instagram I would love to see your beautiful creations.
No Churn Vanilla Ice cream
- 2 cups cold Heavy cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a cold mixing bowl pour in the sweetened condensed milk, cold heavy cream, salt and vanilla extract.
- Whisk for 4 minutes start with medium speed for a minute, then whip on high for the remaining 3 minutes.
- Be careful not to over whip because if you do you will be making butter.
- Transfer ice cream into a 2 Quart container and freeze for 6 to 8 hrs or overnight.
- Serve with any topping of your choice . Your options are endless- sprinkles, syrups, crushed nuts, chocolate and the list goes on
- Making no churn vanilla ice cream No churn vanilla ice cream
- Put the mixer bowl and whisk in the freezer for 15 mins before you start.
- I prefer to mix all my ingredients at the beginning because I find the icecream turns out fluffier. Some people prefer to whip the cream first then fold in the condensed milk gradually but it doesn't come out as fluffy.
- Whipping all the ingredients together reduces the risk of overwhipping and forming butter. That is not to say you shouldn't watch it closely. You should keep your eagles eye on.
- If you happen to over whip which is evident by the milk fat separating from the liquid, stop whipping, add another fresh cold heavy cream to it and whip it will come together again.
- When storing in the freezer, line with cling film making sure the cling film touches the ice cream so as to expel any trapped air. Then cover with the container's cover.