Native Jollof Rice or Iwuk Edesi is a delicious ...
Cabbage swallow is a low carb option to our traditional swallow foods.
It is a simple recipe that needs just 2 ingredients. Cabbage and Psyllium husks.
Like all African swallow foods, it is accompanied with our African soups like the okra soup find recipe here, or the Eforiro soup find here to mention a few.
Let's get to the kitchen shall we?
Prep Time: 5 mins Yield: 2 servings
cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 cabbage about 750g
- 2 tablespoon Psyllium husks powder
- Put a cup of water in a sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Wash cabbage and cut up into large chunks
- Pour cabbage chunks into boiling water and allow to boil for about 5 mins or until it softens.
- Turn off heat and pour cabbage into a collander to drain.
- After draining transferring into a bowl and blend till smooth
- Add the psyllium husks powder and blend in.
- wrap in cling film and allow to rest for about 5 mins to let the psyllium do its job
- Your cabbage is ready to be eaten with any soup of your choice. Enjoy ?
I had mine with my Eforiro soup find recipe here.
on't like cabbage? You can try my keto Amala recipe here or cauli-swallow, recipe here.
If you enjoyed this tutorial, please spread the word; share with friends and family.
If you try this recipe, we would love to hear how it went...... Got questions? Drop a few lines in the comments section below.
Don't have a question and want to say hello, you are welcome to comment below too.
Do subscribe for more delicious awesomeness from our kitchen to your inbox.
Stay well friend.