Oreo cookie ice cream is our favorite type of cookies and cream ice cream second to our popular homemade biscoff Ice cream. With just a few ingredients including crushed cookies of course, you are about to make this delectable dessert in your kitchen.
We love that this recipe is egg free and totally beginner friendly. You can also make it gluten free by using gluten free Oreo cookies how cool!
Homemade Oreo Cookie ice cream
I know I have been bombarding you with ice cream recipes this week...... and No oh my intentions towards you ain't evil (which would be to make you add weight) rather my intentions for you are good ( To make sure you are equipped for that once in while treat on summer days) or is it once too many.
So these recipes are for the kid in you and for the kids you love. We’ve got lots of tasty Oreo desserts you should try. One of my favorites is this easy Oreo fluff! I know you’ll love it as much as we do.
Oreo cookie ice cream
- Hand mixer or Stand mixer
- 1 Cup Coarsely Crushed Oreo Cookies (about 12 to 15 cookies)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract to sweetened condensed milk and mix. Next gently fold in the mix of sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract into the whipped cream till well combined.
- Add the crushed Oreo cookies (reserving about 2 spoons) to the mixture and gently fold them in.
- Transfer the cookies and cream ice cream to a loaf pan, smoothen then sprinkle the reserved crushed Oreo cookies on top for extra crunch and flavor.
- Cover the loaf pan/container with plastic wrap or an airtight lid.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or until firm.
- When you are ready to have your ice cream, let it sit at room temperature for 2 to 3 minute to become easily scoopable.
- Cold heavy cream whips up faster.